Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Tyler260261
Engineer
Engineer

Scenario Conversion

Post by Tyler260261 »

Hello everybody,
Hope all you're all doing okay?

Don't know if i'm on the correct thread, many apologies if not (first post!)
Do have a query though with a potential suggestion for someone much cleverer than me.

Long term fan of TTD, been playing on and off since I was a wee one. Been enjoying dabbling with the add-ons some of you have created and personally spent months building and playing a huge scenario of europe but now wish to mix it up a bit and was wondering...
To save spending months on end again mapping out all of europe all over again (or any other created scenarios), is there a way of converting an already created scenario, say in temperate, to any of the others, for example toyland??

Kind of expecting the obvious answer but then wondered if it would spark an idea for any of you genius' to be able to achieve?... Just a thought.

Take care and have fun,
Tyler
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Scenario Conversion

Post by jfs »

You can use the Save Heightmap function in the disk menu to make a heightmap-file from an existing scenario, and then create a new scenario in a different landscape with the same heightmap.

Directly converting one landscape type to another is not possible, since they can have different landscape features (snow, desert), and the trees, industries and town buildings are different in all the landscapes.

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”