Hide NewGRFs in running game

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

kamnet

Hide NewGRFs in running game

Post by kamnet »

So lets say you and your mates want to try to replicate Europe, and each of you have decided to run your country as an entire nation. You naturally want NewGRFs from each country... but if you're playing as France, you aren't going to be interested in German vehicles, or Dutch stations, or whatever crazy thing those Italians are doing now. You just want French trains, French trucks, and French stations! Or maybe you think everything in Iron Horse is garbage and you only want to run UKRS2.

While we have the option to hide individual vehicles, we don't have a way to hide a whole set of vehicles, or anything else for that matter. I think it would be handy to hide (not disable) entire NewGRF sets from purchase/selection menus that we don't intend to use, but others may still want to use.
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Hide NewGRFs in running game

Post by andythenorth »

kamnet wrote: 19 Feb 2021 05:47Or maybe you think everything in Iron Horse is garbage
It is! Finally you noticed :twisted:

I suspect there's no easy way to offer this in the UI. Hiding vehicles turned out to be simple, hiding all of a newgrf less so :)

GameScript probably can do it, as it has a hide-show vehicles API, but providing a usable UI to that, I can't think how that would be done.
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Hide NewGRFs in running game

Post by Gwyd »

Maybe one way of implementing it to the UI could be making the "hide vehicle" button into a drop-down box, like the "go to" button in the orders menu. Simply clicking would hide the vehicle, but clicking and holding could give other options like hide all from this GRF, hide all of this railtype or whatever other kind of filtering you might want

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”