Change options on menus depending on context

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Change options on menus depending on context

Post by Redirect Left »

Good day! I hope everyone is keeping safe in these troubled times.

So I was replacing a load of trains that were no longer fit for the route they were doing, I sent them all to depot by clicking on one of the trains, use the find all trains with these orders button.
I actually thought this would happen to start with, but it does not so i shall suggest it. It'd be quite neat if the options presented on the list of shared vehicles updated to include options like "scrap vehicles in depot" when at least 1 train on the menu is in the depot, as currently the only way of doing it to my knowledge is to click on each train and hope that lots of them conveniently went to the same depot to get rid of more than one at a time.

Here's an image to help get the message across in case I was not detailed enough, the 'manage list' options at the bottom.
2021-01-11 11_29_56-Epic Games Launcher.png
2021-01-11 11_29_56-Epic Games Launcher.png (21.81 KiB) Viewed 1524 times
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Chrill

Re: Change options on menus depending on context

Post by Chrill »

+1 for me on this. Neat quality of life idea.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

I usually just replace shared orders to go to the depot and stop there... they end up in the same depot and you can get rid of them with one click then.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

You can find what I am planning next, or doing right now right in my developer diary.
Slovakia | lang : slovak | english

SLOVAK DISCORD SERVER I (and others Slovak and Czech creators) write there in Slovak about what I (ot they are) am planning. This invitation is valid for 100 users.
It is alive and well. :)
LaChupacabra
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by LaChupacabra »

You are probably using an older version of JGR. The newer one has a very useful function added for this purpose - Send to Depot and sell ;)
obraz_2021-01-12_223950.png
obraz_2021-01-12_223950.png (22.89 KiB) Viewed 1319 times
I am sorry for may English. I know is bed.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

LaChupacabra wrote: 12 Jan 2021 21:40 You are probably using an older version of JGR. The newer one has a very useful function added for this purpose - Send to Depot and sell ;)
obraz_2021-01-12_223950.png
It turns out that is hidden behind a setting you need to turn on/off. I'd still suggest this for vanilla OpenTTD though, as this just gives me another reason to spread the good news of OpenTTD via JGR patchpack and not the actual official releases.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”