My New Custom Music

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

dimaspaf14
Engineer
Engineer

My New Custom Music

Post by dimaspaf14 »

OpenMSX is intresting for me, but how to make music like that, i got some music file that the type is same as OpenMSX, that namely .MID/MIDI...
Then, when i check the file, i found file named "openmsx.obm" inside the OpenMSX file, what is that?, i dont even know that, can some one tell me what is that? ?(
so i have plan to make my own music and share it for everyone :D

Sorry 4 my bad english, im new here :bow:
kamnet

Re: My New Custom Music

Post by kamnet »

More information about the file format and how to create it is found here: viewtopic.php?t=46479

Keep in mind that if you're going to make this publicly available, any MIDI files that you release with this MUST be licensed to be freely distributed. This includes the following scenarios:
1. If this music is your own original creation, you need to clearly state a license for distribution;
2. If this music is an original MIDI work for somebody else, you must have permission from them to clearly distribute the work;
3. If it is a MIDI cover of a commercially-released song, you must have a license to distribute from all content creators (singers, songwriters, composers, etc.) and/or copyright holders (you're very unlikely to pay for obtaining such a license, or even be granted one if you could);
4. Sections 2 and 3 do not apply if the music is legally considered "public domain". In the US, that means it was released before 1923, but due to international law it may be more complicated than that.

None of this applies if you're only creating this file for your own personal use, but in that case, why go through the work of creating an OMB file when you can just play the files in your favorite MIDI file player on your computer or another device?
dimaspaf14
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dimaspaf14 »

The music is from https://vgmusic.com/, its include the author, then im gonna messages the author of the file, and the website founder...

So, i have tried for using custom music to replace the original music OpenMSX, but the music has some error, i forgot the error messages, the music is still playing my own music but the name was confusing me ?( , im forgot what my own custom music name with the music that from OpenMSX..
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

dimaspaf14 wrote: 19 Aug 2020 01:23 The music is from https://vgmusic.com/, its include the author, then im gonna messages the author of the file, and the website founder...
VGMusic is a site dedicated to copying music from video games. That music is copyrighted and technically they don't have a license to copy or share it. Unless the author states that the music is 100% their own original creation, then you won't be able to publicly distribute it.
So, i have tried for using custom music to replace the original music OpenMSX, but the music has some error, i forgot the error messages, the music is still playing my own music but the name was confusing me ?( , im forgot what my own custom music name with the music that from OpenMSX..
Having the appropriate error message would be useful in trying to diagnose the issue. With that said, if there is an error with the playback of the music, it could be because of how the file was created. OpenTTD requires the file to be strictly compatible with the General MIDI standard. Most MIDI files distributed by VGMusic are not going to be General MIDI compliant, they are typically created to be used with specific sound fonts and playback devices.
dimaspaf14
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dimaspaf14 »

Ok, Thanks for the info.. :D

Maybe later i gonna check the custom music replacement error..

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”