Better click zones for oil rigs

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

L. Spooner Inc
Engineer
Engineer

Better click zones for oil rigs

Post by L. Spooner Inc »

Trying to click on an oil rig usually takes me at least two and sometimes three or four tries to get precisely the right bounded clickable area on it. Perhaps increase the size of the clickable area? (There's a similar problem with clicking on airport hangars, though not quite as bad, but with the increased annoyance of having to close the airport info frame each time you miss the hangar.)
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Better click zones for oil rigs

Post by jfs »

You mean the station tiles for making ship/helicopter orders? Not the oil rig industry itself (that's huge and easy to hit.)
Uh, maybe it could be possible with the industry station changes that were made in the master branch a while ago, it does make the link between industry and station stronger so the orders "go-to" tool could perhaps check for clicking on an industry tile and follow to the linked station if one exists.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Got to admit, i do sometimes struggle to hit the boundaries when i am sending say a helicopter to collect passengers, would be nice if that could be expanded, or clicking on the industry as a whole did something different dependiing on if you were on the add to orders menu, so probably didn't want the industry itself and just wanted to add an order.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
L. Spooner Inc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by L. Spooner Inc »

jfs wrote: 12 Aug 2019 19:08 You mean the station tiles for making ship/helicopter orders?
Yes. Especially when zoomed out, the area you have to click on is about two or three pixels across and seemingly arbitrary, which makes giving tankers orders pretty annoying.
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

I filed this on the issue tracker :) https://github.com/OpenTTD/OpenTTD/issues/7692
L. Spooner Inc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by L. Spooner Inc »

Excellent, thank you.

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”