Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:43 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:35 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Hello,
I would like to request new feature: a lock icon next to locked company name in list of companies while playing in-game.
In order to visually represent what I'd like to be implemented, see following picture:

So basically it would be similar to how currently the list of companies work in Multiplayer menu while joining a server:

While I am looking at the picture from Multiplayer menu, maybe even this indicator of "successful company" could be also added to the list. :)
If you deem this feature useless, then ignore it, but in case you'll decide to implement it into the game, I'd grateful for that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:51 am 
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

You mean you want the same info ingame as when joining the server? That is "password set" and "positive earnings last year (quarter?)"?

DevZone - home of the free NewGRFs: OpenSFX | OpenMSX | OpenGFX | Swedish Rails | OpenGFX+ Trains|RV|Industries|Airports|Landscape | NML

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:39 am 
Engineer
Engineer

planetmaker wrote:
You mean you want the same info ingame as when joining the server? That is "password set" and "positive earnings last year (quarter?)"?

Exactly!

Anyway, the reason why I am asking for this feature: I am always joining any Multiplayer game using the "Spectate" button, because in case I don't like the server (no trees or very little - I like trees, so when there are none, I leave immediately; train does not break at all - I don't like easy difficulty so again - I am leaving immediately, etc.) I don't want to create new company blocking spot for a player who actually might want to play on such server. Then when I am in-game and I like the server, I will create new company. But in case the server is full, I'll start looking for an abandoned company for which nobody plays and is "free" (no password set) - but that's a little bit tedious because I need to open every company and see if it's locked or not. With this feature I would be able to see directly which company is free.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:32 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

showing protected status ingame should be possible, but showing performance before logging in might be a problem, because that needs transferring that information before transferring the savegame

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:51 am 
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

I like it. I now have a patch for it which I will create a PR for later.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:00 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Damn, it's been in patched clients for so long that I though it's a vanilla feature :P