Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

uzurpator
Transport Empire Moderator

Smoother animations

Post by uzurpator »

Howdy.

I am looking into playing some OTTD. It has been a while. What I find annoying tho is the jerky animation. Has this ever been looked into by anyone? Or, If I choose to do it, I am on my own? I think that shortening the 'tick' and adjusting time scale should do the trick, altho at the expense of MPlayer compatibility
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Smoother animations

Post by Eddi »

well "the tick" does a lot more in openttd than just animate things, so making it "tick more often" is quite a bit more involved.
uzurpator

Post by uzurpator »

I am aware of it. There would need to be quite some scaling needed to be done. My question is - has anyone attempted such a thing? I don't want to reinvent the wheel.
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

well, given the success rates of "daylength" attempts so far, i'm not getting my hopes up...

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”