More dimensional land

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

More dimensional land

Post by Baldy's Boss »

Besides varied sea depths,which I don't believe we have...what about generating worlds that have varying depths of bedrock,so that landscaping can take the form of earthmoving OR blasting,with different prices and required durations,depending on the characteristics of the terrain?...we do have rock outcrops as an alternative to grass,but there's never a difference to what you see when you lower land.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: More dimensional land

Post by acs121 »

Baldy's Boss wrote:Besides varied sea depths,which I don't believe we have...what about generating worlds that have varying depths of bedrock,so that landscaping can take the form of earthmoving OR blasting,with different prices and required durations,depending on the characteristics of the terrain?...we do have rock outcrops as an alternative to grass,but there's never a difference to what you see when you lower land.

I'm not against it but it wouldn't have a real utility in the game. If you like terrains with "depressions" and water only at map edges, set the water level very low (like 10%) and set "Water" at all map edges, set the map height very high (like 127, or even 255) and set a quite hilly configuration.
Personally i don't like very hilly terrains, but i've done a 256x256 map with a high water level and very high moutains, thus creaty a very hard configuration, and honestly it's a real challenge.
_dp_
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: More dimensional land

Post by _dp_ »

Hmm, 4-dimensional land would be fun to see...

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”