What is the goal before the Server Reboot the game in the Multiplayer option??_JPLANOS

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

JPlanos
Engineer
Engineer

What is the goal before the Server Reboot the game in the Multiplayer option??_JPLANOS

Post by JPlanos »

Hi, I want to know if there is a command or way in order to determine what is the goal before the game reboot again and erase everyting in the multiplayer mode??, the other day I spent a bunch of time and after 2 hours, everything was 0, I want to avoid that without ask to anyone in the game.

Thanks.
JPlanos
Engineer
Engineer

Re: What is the goal before the Server Reboot the game in the Multiplayer option??_JPLANOS

Post by JPlanos »

Hi, for those people that have the same question like me, here is the solution:

- When you want to know the goal to win a game, type !goal
- When you want to know the rules set in any game, type !rules
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: What is the goal before the Server Reboot the game in the Multiplayer option??_JPLANOS

Post by 3298 »

Wrong, OpenTTD does not have any commands starting with "!". You apparently discovered some chat messages that cause a custom software running on the OpenTTD server to send back some info via chat. However, other servers are most likely not running that software, which renders those chat messages useless for them. (Also, OpenTTD itself does not care about what users write in the chat interface - real commands are typed in the console instead, which will yell at you if you try to use any command it does not know, including those you listed.)
That software could also be what's responsible for restarting, because the only restart conditions I found in the source code are:
- the restart year (not set by default, but a server owner can obviously set it). This is not network-synced, so it's impossible to find out which year is set on the server until it's too late.
- a console command (which could be triggered by the custom server software or entered by hand) that causes an immediate restart. A variant of that could be another command to load a prepared savegame or scenario again, but that's pretty much equivalent because like the actual restart command OpenTTD cannot know about it in advance. Regardless of which command is used: when OpenTTD learns about it, it's too late anyway.

So no, there is no way in OpenTTD itself to find out when a server will restart. The only way is to ask whatever/whoever is restarting the server. This could be that custom software (which could monitor chat and answer to certain messages), or even the server owner typing the restart command manually into the game.

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”