Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

GOID
Engineer
Engineer

Construction cost depending on distance to the nearest city

Post by GOID »

Hi! Sorry for bad english.

In real life construction cost depending to many condition. One from them - increasing cost depending on distance to nearest settlement. Because - need more material moving, create place to rest workers and etc.

I check option in game - but not find something similiar to enable.
I try build vehicle depot on different distance on big map and clear sector - cost is same.

Idea is - add some calculation to cost of construction roads/rail/building depending on distance.

Edit 1: build 1km road in Siberia and construct 1km road in the city is not same task\cost

Edit 2: maybe additional calculate depend on climate zone too. just for discus. Because this is just economic changes not gameplay.
Kruemelchen
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Construction cost depending on distance to the nearest city

Post by Kruemelchen »

The Spring Patch Pack should have a patch included that raises construction costs if close to a city (if I remember correctly it depends on town size) :)

If you use Windows, the builds are linked in the first post.
GOID
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Construction cost depending on distance to the nearest city

Post by GOID »

Kruemelchen wrote:The Spring Patch Pack should have a patch included that raises construction costs if close to a city (if I remember correctly it depends on town size) :)

If you use Windows, the builds are linked in the first post.
Thanks, I check patch and found this feature. Cost raised extremely. Why this option not implemented in official release ? Maybe somewhere thread with discussing this option?
Attachments
cost raise patch.PNG
cost raise patch.PNG (40.79 KiB) Viewed 1146 times

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”