copy/paste saved personnal partial small bloc of construction

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

tomatognon
Engineer
Engineer

copy/paste saved personnal partial small bloc of construction

Post by tomatognon »

Hi, i have a sugstion for new feature, its can be improve the buildt.

The idea its to create personnal partial small bloc of construction. Saved to use it in all game, look like "block editor". I mean, we can pre-build a small portion offline (like train road intersection), and we can select the bloc we wabt use in game online and copy/paste this bloc.

what do you think?
ruzicka.md
Engineer
Engineer

Re: copy/paste saved personnal partial small bloc of construction

Post by ruzicka.md »

tomatognon wrote:Hi, i have a sugstion for new feature, its can be improve the buildt.

The idea its to create personnal partial small bloc of construction. Saved to use it in all game, look like "block editor". I mean, we can pre-build a small portion offline (like train road intersection), and we can select the bloc we wabt use in game online and copy/paste this bloc.

what do you think?
Hi,
i think this would be a great idea! But i think it should be difficult to implement. We will see...
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: copy/paste saved personnal partial small bloc of construction

Post by Wolf01 »

It was already implemented (as a patch) in the past, but it was declared as "out of the scope of the game", since this game is about building routes, complex interchanges etc which just require 2 elements: a track and a signal.
Copy/paste could be really useful in a game like Factorio where you have to build the same layout infinite times in an infinite map and involves something like 200 different elements (and there you just give orders to the construction robots which will build it gradually, in OTTD instead it will be instantaneous), but in OTTD even if you are making an arithmetic logic unit with logic trains to keep count of the trains which use your main station, still 2 elements are used and you can do it in a fraction of time.

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”