Town Tolerated Noise Level Modifier

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Manuestaire
Engineer
Engineer

Town Tolerated Noise Level Modifier

Post by Manuestaire »

Hi, I often play OpenTTD with friends on many maps and we really like to allow the town to control the noise levels since we believe it's a more realistic approach as it depends on the size of the town. However most of the times we end up without being able to build the airports we'd like since the noise allowance is too low.
I've been exploring around with NoAI to see if I could write a gamescript to modify the allowed noise level, but apparently it's a member var and cannot be modified.

So my request would be to be able to make towns more permissive about noise levels, either by adding a new setting, or using the NoAI API.

Thank you!
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Town Tolerated Noise Level Modifier

Post by andythenorth »

OpenGFX+ Airports grf has a parameter option to ignore noise limits. Works well, no new code needed. ;)

Also includes an option to ignore date restrictions.

Doesn't let you keep the noise limits in place though :twisted:
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

I'm not sure, but is the setting secluded from being modified with NewGRFs as of yet ? In that case, maybe using a GS could work somehow ?
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

it's been a long time since i looked at it, but openttd.cfg should have a setting for how much population you need per noise level, for the different town tolerance levels
Manuestaire
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Manuestaire »

Eddi wrote:it's been a long time since i looked at it, but openttd.cfg should have a setting for how much population you need per noise level, for the different town tolerance levels

Code: Select all

dist_local_authority = 20
town_noise_population[0] = 800
town_noise_population[1] = 2000
town_noise_population[2] = 4000
But i don't know how this parameters work, and if they affect existing savegames, since I saw just below infrastructure costs disabled, and i have them enabled on my map :S

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”