Public stations?

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

DeletedUser10
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Public stations?

Post by DeletedUser10 »

I think it'll be better if I can build a public station like an oil rig station,but on the ground.

It could be good with multiplayer, when transferring cargos between companies.
Don't you think so?
Sent from my Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Re: Public stations?

Post by Pilot »

ir1n1o57 wrote:I think it'll be better if I can build a public station like an oil rig station,but on the ground.

Don't you think so?
Try the Infrastructure Sharing patch, which allows companies to not only share stations, but also tracks and airports as well (for a small fee, which can be adjusted in the settings).

Alternatively, you could try one of the patch packs, which includes Infrastructure sharing (such as JGR's Patch Pack), which my also have many other features included which you may like.
DeletedUser10
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DeletedUser10 »

Pilot wrote:
ir1n1o57 wrote:I think it'll be better if I can build a public station like an oil rig station,but on the ground.

Don't you think so?
Try the Infrastructure Sharing patch, which allows companies to not only share stations, but also tracks and airports as well (for a small fee, which can be adjusted in the settings).

Alternatively, you could try one of the patch packs, which includes Infrastructure sharing (such as JGR's Patch Pack), which my also have many other features included which you may like.

Oh,thank you.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

The only problem with the oil rig being abused is that once you unload the cargo, you don't get paid for it. Payment is only given once its delivered to its final destination, and 100% of that will go to the other company that delivered it.
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

With CargoDist games so common nowadays, a new payment mechanic would be really nice.

Admittedly I wouldn't even know where to start and how it'd work. Those "negative income" feeder services can be a bit counter-intuitive for players though, at least the way I see it. It's kind of tough to tell whether you set up an unprofitable line or whether you'll just have to accept it as the overall effect is still a net plus.
DeletedUser10
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DeletedUser10 »

Pilot wrote:

Don't you think so?

i will use that. thank you.

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”