Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

fabca2
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

patch GUI

Post by fabca2 »

Hello,

I checked the recent patch gui (rev 566 from svn), there are new options which are welcome... I'm very happy for that.

Some patch have been developped (always allow small airport for ex.), please can you add gui for this patch (In this ways I will be able to switch durring the game)...
ok, ok, I know that someone found this very useless, I already got such answer...
But you know if you look like this, there are already patch which are not really usefull, for example :
"show bridge pillars for high bridge" I don't see where we need to witch it off ? (finaly this should be always on, no?)
"colored news appears" , I don't know if a lot of people will change the date for colored newspaper ?
don't missunderstand, I don't says that colored new and pillars are not usefull, I just says the GUI patch is not so usefull as most won't change them...
exactly as "small airport" !! so finaly why not adding such patch in the "configure patch gui" ?
You spent time to develop the patch, but it's not possible to change it durring the game :/
Other patch gui missing : "disable road veh. for AI", "disable train..", " disable aireplane..", "disable boat..."

So please as you are adding a lot of setting in the "configure patch" screen, please these one.

thank you.
dominik81
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: patch GUI

Post by dominik81 »

fabca2 wrote: But you know if you look like this, there are already patch which are not really usefull, for example :
"show bridge pillars for high bridge" I don't see where we need to witch it off ? (finaly this should be always on, no?)
This was in the Patch Window to be able to look behind bridges. But since bridges become invisible when "transparent buildings" is activated now, it's pretty useless I agree.

Besides that I recommand to come to #openttd on irc.freenode.net to discuss minor development decisions like this.
fabca2
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by fabca2 »

Hello dominik81, thank you for your reply,
as developper (I see you post in svn) can't you do something for me ?
:cry:

I've check sources few days ago to implement myself "disable road veh for AI" patch in the configure screen, but unfortunalty it's on BIT level, and I can only minic existing setting ( int ).
Maybe I an try for the "allow small airport", but next I have a problem : I don't know how to preduce a diff file ?
and after, will ludde accept to add it to the trunk ?
That's why I ask devs to do this for me, I should not take you more than 5 minutes, I'm sure...
so please...

I'm one of your most fan, I'm totally addicted to each version ( I compile it every day to see new stuffs..) you cannot refuse it :D

unfortunalty, I cannot do IRC...
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

fabca2, IRC is really simple. If you are running windows, which I think, read this guide:
http://dooyoo-uk.tripod.com/mirc/beginner.htm

BIT level is an elementary C operation, use operators like '&' '|' and '~'. If the patch you made is good, it will be accepted, I'm sure.

I don't know how you use svn now, but I might suggest Tortoise SVN http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ . It is integrated into Windows Explorer, and is really easy to use. First, check out the project, then when you're done implementing your changes, go to the main directory of the development oTTD, right click on the folder (has a green checmark) and select 'Create Patch'.

Good luck!
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
fabca2
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by fabca2 »

Darkvater wrote:fabca2, IRC is really simple.
I know, I used to go IRC about 7 year ago, but when I'm at work, I cannot go IRC due to network restriction (port closed I think)
Darkvater wrote: BIT level is an elementary C operation, use operators like '&' '|' and '~'. If the patch you made is good, it will be accepted, I'm sure.
Yes, I know a little bit about that, But I wanted to mimic what have been already done, and other gui were not BIT dependent, I think you gives by reference the variable (&) but I could not says which bit to read/write.
Now, I see the settings_gui.c have changed to have more parameters :

Code: Select all

{PE_BYTE, 0, STR_CONFIG_PATCHES_AI_BUILDS_TRAINS, &_patches.ai_disable_veh, 0x01}
In version 540?, there was not 0x01 at the end to says witch bit.
Note thishis code have been taken from svn 569, thank you very much dominik81 !
Darkvater wrote:I don't know how you use svn now, but I might suggest Tortoise SVN http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ . It is integrated into Windows Explorer, and is really easy to use. First, check out the project, then when you're done implementing your changes, go to the main directory of the development oTTD, right click on the folder (has a green checmark) and select 'Create Patch'.
I already use tortoise, It's very nice,
I didn't see that "create patch", I'll check, thank you !

Once again dominik81 thank you a lot for your recent patch (rev 569).
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

fabca2 wrote:
Darkvater wrote:fabca2, IRC is really simple.
I know, I used to go IRC about 7 year ago, but when I'm at work, I cannot go IRC due to network restriction (port closed I think)
fabca2, use hopster. It allows you to tunnel different ports over port80. That's how I use IRC at work. You can give it a try :)
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”