Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

huha
Engineer
Engineer

Better subsidies

Post by huha »

Hello,
Subsidies in TTD and OpenTTD usually involve two cities or industries which are near to each other. This is quite nice for the computer opponents ;) but it is also a bit boring if you run large railroad networks around the world and transporting cargo from A to B where B is relatively near to A does just not make sense (and profit!) anymore.
So I suggest to throw some new subsidies in which involve industries or cities that are far away from each other; this would be a chance to increase profit even more and would bring some more variety in the game.

What do you think about it?
-huha
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I think that's a really good idea! :D
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Director_64
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Director_64 »

No bad idea. Today I only take subsidies if my economy force me to do so, course I don't like use the few trucks I have for not well planed routes...and as said earlier, the routes use to be very short.
I love ALL females...why don't they love me?
mike[F]
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mike[F] »

Yeah nice idea, I always like to transport things a lot further than the subsidies are offering, even right at the start of the game.
-mike[F]
Caught in the rush of the crowd, lost in a wall of sound...

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”