Allow shortening of Performance Graph box

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

SirXavius
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Allow shortening of Performance Graph box

Post by SirXavius »

I like to keep the Performance Graph window open next to the Detailed Performance rating window so i can track my progress. The Performance Graph box, however, takes up to much space.

It would be great if the size of the window determined how far back the rating progress showed, so that reducing it to a very small size would only show a few quarters in the past.

Alternatively, we could reduce the size of the window altogether by compressing the graph.
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Allow shortening of Performance Graph box

Post by Baldy's Boss »

One problem I've noted with the Performance History Graph is that although it notes that the maximum possible grade is 1000 it routinely scales to over 1080 when stretched.
That definitely wastes screen space!
_dp_
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by _dp_ »

Why are you even interested in performance score so much? It's a pretty stupid rating as it doesn't really reflect how good you are at the game or how big your empire is or anything for that matter. While it may be fun to get it to 1000 once it's not something you should care about in general imo.
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

What IS the best yardstick?
Given the price differences caused by start date & inflation I've contemplated measuring companies by amount of cargo delivered.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

Baldy's Boss wrote:What IS the best yardstick?
Your own satisfaction? ;)

The Performance scale closely follows the original game. As that was made for fairly small maps, it's almost meaningless on big ones, say 512x512. You will pretty soon max out every parameter except for the "Min. Profit" one, which says that you can't have any route exceeding a year between paydays. That is a very strange constraint indeed.
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

Well,my most recent game to reach 2051 (just logged in to post it to the Saved Games board) maxed out everything but Stations.
But satisfaction is way too subjective.

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”