Smooth Road and Rail Curves

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Doenitz
Engineer
Engineer

Smooth Road and Rail Curves

Post by Doenitz »

I have played Transport Tycoon (Albeit on tablet) and, after playing OpenTTD, I noticed TT had smooth curves for roads and railways, as well as S-Turns. I would love to see these in OpenTTD, but I know this would be a major job. Some NewGRFs have objects that have graphics that cover tiles other than those it was placed on (eg. The median third lane tile from Dutch Road Furniture). Could eyecandy curves that 'hide' abrupt turns in road or track be possible, and be placed alongside as an object?
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Smooth Road and Rail Curves

Post by Transportman »

Doenitz wrote:I have played Transport Tycoon (Albeit on tablet) and, after playing OpenTTD, I noticed TT had smooth curves for roads and railways, as well as S-Turns. I would love to see these in OpenTTD, but I know this would be a major job. Some NewGRFs have objects that have graphics that cover tiles other than those it was placed on (eg. The median third lane tile from Dutch Road Furniture). Could eyecandy curves that 'hide' abrupt turns in road or track be possible, and be placed alongside as an object?
I think it could do that, but it would only hide them, vehicles would still follow the real tracks/roads, which will look strange.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
DeletedUser10
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DeletedUser10 »

It'll be more difficult to build.
Sent from my Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

I'm all for eye candy objects but some stuff really needs to be done properly or not at all :?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Roarsbaby wrote:Hi,

Pls explain to me how could I approach to Dutch Road Furniture??
Open the Landscape toolbar, then access the Objects menu button (looks like a tower).
Attachments
toolbar.png
toolbar.png (20.65 KiB) Viewed 3252 times

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”