A couple of suggestions

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Potatoman
Engineer
Engineer

A couple of suggestions

Post by Potatoman »

Well, I just found these forums and OpenTTD, and I must say it's great!
It did make me think about OTTD though, and I think I've got a couple of suggestions:
- 2x normal zoomlevel, on higher resolutions text and tiles get quite small. I'd like to see a higher (lower?) zoomlevel where everythings twice as big
- More user-definable options. Instead of just putting every TTDpatch option in as standard, I'd like the ability to turn them off individually.
- 1024x1024 maps are great, but the map is kind of small, takes a lot scrolling :)

Oh yeah, a more drastic suggestion:
Let every power plant produce x megawatts of power, that you can buy
for x$ a month. You would need that to power your electric trains and other electric stuff.

I've got more, but I can't think of them now, so I'll post more later :)
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: A couple of suggestions

Post by Bjarni »

Potatoman wrote:Well, I just found these forums and OpenTTD, and I must say it's great!
It did make me think about OTTD though, and I think I've got a couple of suggestions:
- 2x normal zoomlevel, on higher resolutions text and tiles get quite small. I'd like to see a higher (lower?) zoomlevel where everythings twice as big
- More user-definable options. Instead of just putting every TTDpatch option in as standard, I'd like the ability to turn them off individually.
- 1024x1024 maps are great, but the map is kind of small, takes a lot scrolling :)

for x$ a month. You would need that to power your electric trains and other electric stuff.

2x zoom is in the windows version and you can use the patch settings to turn each feature on or off
Potatoman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Potatoman »

Bjarni wrote: 2x zoom is in the windows version and you can use the patch settings to turn each feature on or off
Oops, I didn't see that. Thanks :)
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Potatoman wrote:

Realism suggestions invasion...0mg what we gona do now?
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Potatoman wrote:Oh yeah, a more drastic suggestion:
I hope this can be switched off when it's in OTTD :wink:
ChrisCF
Transport Empire Developer
Transport Empire Developer

Post by ChrisCF »

Remember that the electricity bill is a running cost of the train, and should not be extra to the stated costs. In such a case, the only difference might be that a message might pop up "Power stations reaching capacity", at which point you have to fund more. Or sabotage the opposition. Of course, there's no reason to include things like the electricity board cutting you off for non-payment - otherwise you'd never get the trains running.

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”