Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

bigger depots/maintenance sheds

Post by Villem »

There could be two ways to implement these:

Make a New Station Type, that acts like depot but can be as long as a station and new graphics can be assigned to it later on, default would be default depot graphics, But what would be diffrent from this that ya could change train cars & such by selecting 1 type of train car, then select another and it would replace em with the second selection. Also ya could make depots that can get trains from atleast 3 or 6 diffrent directions(roundhouses), with rotating platform to get them in the respective depots & out.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Can roundhouses contain whole trains or just locomotives? I think a roundhouse is to small. I think you'll need some long stretched depot.
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

The train would detach the Carriages to a specific rail its designed to(put a checkpoint and add a new switch called "Drop Carriages" and that ya can only appoint it to checkpoints), the train would leave carriages in that rail, eny other train would come to this rail unless got space to leave its carriages ad leave out safely without destroying wagons. Then later when the train comes out of the roundhouse if the trains wagons needed replacing, the wagons it left are just left there for a another train to pick-up later(are moved to diffrent rail via maintenance train i.e V60 or what it was), and the train replaces the wagons needed automatically by searching for them at the wagon rails(that way ya can switch steam trains from Freight service to passenger services, while ya assign Diesel Trains to Freight Service).Also when a train picks the carriages, its assigned waypoints of the previus train holding the carriages.

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”