Copy & paste function

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Jakal
Engineer
Engineer

Copy & paste function

Post by Jakal »

Now that were close to have bigger maps implemented in the game, its time for a copy & paste system. Let me explain what i mean. In the games i play it often happens that i build the same junctions 3 or 4 times, and thats helluva work. Especially when it takes an hour to reconstruct it exactly lowering and raising terrain and the other jibber jabber needed to be done.

It would be cool to have a tool to simply select a part of the map (a junction for example), copy it, and paste it at another point of the map, including the modified terrain, bridges and every track. You would have to flatten the terrain at the point you want to paste the junction before actually pasting it, because i guess there would be many problems, ie buildings in the way or so when pasting really big junctions.

Another cool idea would be to have a junction presets menu. You could select your junction and save it as Myjunction.ttj in a "junctions" dirtectory in the ottd directory. Now in-game you would have a menu where you could select the junction you want to build, including a preview (could be a screenshot of it or something). You could as well share your junctions and add new ones to your collection, would make things like understanding the ideas behind junctions from other people a lot easier i think. Actually i think that something liek that is absolutely neccessary regarding that were getting 1024*1024 maps :/
[Jakal]
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

It would be a very useful tool, but maybe it's even more useful if a rotate-option is also included.

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”