City Bus Stops

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

RaggieSoft
Engineer
Engineer

Getting Back on Topic

Post by RaggieSoft »

Would any OpenTTD Developers consiter my idea for a bus stop?

Also, I'm issuing a challenge to graphics artists out there:
I want some busses for city transport. Regular, low-floor, electric, and low-capacity. Low-capacity busses are perfect for the tiny hamlets. In my area, we have small busses in the Downtown Norfolk area (more info: http://www.norfolk.gov/Visitors/net.asp). Sorry, but I don't have NET Bus pictures.
RaggieSoft - maker of the OpenTTD Installer (up to version 0.1.4 / Release 6)
tmesisbob
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tmesisbob »

Hi,

They have many bus stands in British cities, as most of them have sold the old stations to shopping centre developers. Essentially they are same as a bus stop, but as semantics may suggest, the vehicle may stop, and stand there for some time. Such stops are becoming more common in cities. Usually the central roads of the city are lined with many stands.

I think there should be 5 'clases' of buses:

Smaller buses, called mini buses, and are essentially vans, with seats and windows :?
Midi buses, these are smaller versions of the regular buses, good for busyish provincial routes.
Single deckers, the regular town/city buses.
Artics, these are the crazy bendy buses for very busy city routes.
Double deckers, high capacity, and a good use of road real estate.

All of these types have thier pros and cons.

By the way, we also have those citero bendys in London, but with the doors on the left side. (where they should be :wink: ).
SF3
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SF3 »

Here's a link to the (global) coloring of buses where I live:
Buscolor

And the (global) look of a bus stop:
Bus Stop
'Misschien zullen onze kleinkinderen middelen ontdekken om naar de sterren te reizen; ze zullen dan om ons glimlachen, die moeizaam over de onbekende plekken op aarde rondkropen.'
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

SF3 wrote:Here's a link to the (global) coloring of buses where I live:
Buscolor
'

I've drawn such a bus already for TTD/TTD Patch, but I need to change it a bit if someone would like to use it.

BTW: That bus on the photo; That's my bus, I always take line 134. Funny you showed a photo of this bus, and besides that, the photo is taken on Station Hilversum, I always go there to take the train. Funny :D
SF3
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SF3 »

Big co-incidence :) I couldn't find any pictures of Maxx so I just got one of a Connexxion bus, this was the most decent one I could find, and the coloring is identical to Maxx I think. Connexxion doesn't have a lot of bus pictures (none at all?) let alone pictures of Maxx.

But that 134 bus is not a local one right ? With more seats etc. ?
'Misschien zullen onze kleinkinderen middelen ontdekken om naar de sterren te reizen; ze zullen dan om ons glimlachen, die moeizaam over de onbekende plekken op aarde rondkropen.'
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Line 134 is not a citybus, it goes from Hilversum via Huizen to Bussum.

But the bus itself might be a citybus, Connexxion sometimes uses this busses for regional busses.

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”