Transport Empire Developer

Post by ChrisCF »

2-aspect lights:
green -> red -obstruction-

3-aspect lights:
green -> 1 yellow -> red -obstruction-

4-aspect lights:
green -> 2 yellows -> 1 yellow -> red -obstruction-

That's the simple part. Approach control is sometimes used at junctions to control approach speed. For slow turnouts:
green -> (yellow aspects if needed) -> red -junction-> green

For slightly faster turnouts:
green -> 2 yellows flashing -> 1 yellow flashing -> 1 yellow -junction-> green

See also:
http://www.trainweb.org/railwaytechnica ... ktypes.htm
http://www.davros.org/rail/signalling/a ... intro.html
http://www.signalbox.org/signals.shtml
Bugzilla available for use - PM for details.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Bjarni wrote:If everybody wants to implement the signal from their home country, we can't agree on anything.
Well obviously that's true, but that doesn't mean this discussion is pointless. The right solution is to make the game routing engine more intelligent, so as to suppor different signal types as drawn and desired. Patch TTD has national train-sets with national signals, OpenTTD can do the same thing only better.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
skunk
Engineer
Engineer

Post by skunk »

Hi!

Just wanted to post a description of the austrian (and the swiss) signals here:
http://www.8ung.at/smi/ .

Skunk.
Attachments
Here is an image of an austrian signal
Here is an image of an austrian signal
h8_pr.gif (609 Bytes) Viewed 4044 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

This signal would be very big in the game because every light must be at least 1 pixel.
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

krtaylor wrote:
Bjarni wrote:If everybody wants to implement the signal from their home country, we can't agree on anything.
Well obviously that's true, but that doesn't mean this discussion is pointless. The right solution is to make the game routing engine more intelligent, so as to suppor different signal types as drawn and desired. Patch TTD has national train-sets with national signals, OpenTTD can do the same thing only better.
I will end the discussion of signals looks by saying that I talked to Guyver (he is making a new graphic engine) and talked about user created graphics and such. He wants to make it so people can make some sprites and add a txt file, that contains the properties of the item you want to add. This way, it should be fairly simple to make your own graphics
VPN-User
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by VPN-User »

We don' t only talk about graphics in this topic. It' s all about the signal system and how it works.
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

VPN-User wrote:We don' t only talk about graphics in this topic. It' s all about the signal system and how it works.
That's my point. End of signal looks so we can find out how any future signals should work and graphics can be added when we have the signals
VPN-User
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by VPN-User »

We should make a decision which is not country-specific but good for gameplay :!:

It shouldn' t be complicated and only consist of functions that are useful in the game. Not just to be realistic.
LorenzoDV
Engineer
Engineer

Post by LorenzoDV »

I see there's no more activity here. Will amber signals be implemented? I'd like to see them in the game!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

1. What are amber signals?

2. What about these little small tiny signals on platforms as we have them in the Netherlands?

Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

LorenzoDV wrote:I see there's no more activity here. Will amber signals be implemented? I'd like to see them in the game!
maybe, but not in the next revision. Nobody works on that and we wants to fix other issues first
Purno wrote:2. What about these little small tiny signals on platforms as we have them in the Netherlands?
I don't know any signals in the Netherlands, but I guess "platform exit signal" :P
That is the most likely if it is a signal for the driver
LorenzoDV
Engineer
Engineer

Post by LorenzoDV »

Purno wrote:1. What are amber signals?
Simply "yellow" singlas, pre-alerting that the next signal is red.
Bjarni wrote:maybe, but not in the next revision. Nobody works on that and we wants to fix other issues first
No hurry, just wanted to know.
Claw
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Claw »

I would love to see more realistic acceleration and deacceleration in the game, more realistic turns would be great too, round and wider corners maybe, instead of the _/ type of turns. Actually, anything that would make it more realistic would be great.
mike[F]
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mike[F] »

This is a thread about signals... :P
-mike[F]
Caught in the rush of the crowd, lost in a wall of sound...
Greeny
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Greeny »

Is there anybody working on this or is all the info useless??
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

Greeny wrote:Is there anybody working on this or is all the info useless??
nobody works on this at the moment, however somebody might do that in the future
Janoz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Janoz »

I don't think this will work. The only affect this will have is that trains on a busy track will always travel at half there max-speed. The ideal situation is that the first train travels at max speed so other trains wont catch up, but normaly there is no front train because there is always a train or a station in fron of it.
Greeny
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Greeny »

that was the idear wasen't it :?
LorenzoDV
Engineer
Engineer

Post by LorenzoDV »

Janoz wrote:but normaly there is no front train because there is always a train or a station in fron of it.
That's not always true. At least not on my networks.
SF3
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SF3 »

Purno, signals in The Netherlands are amber-green-red (from top to bottom) I think.
'Misschien zullen onze kleinkinderen middelen ontdekken om naar de sterren te reizen; ze zullen dan om ons glimlachen, die moeizaam over de onbekende plekken op aarde rondkropen.'

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”