Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

nylon
Engineer
Engineer

Transport Tycoon - the next generation?

Post by nylon »

May Lord Chris be with you.

For some reason today my devout Tycoon prayers to Lord Chris were disturbed by a revelation.

What might the future of TT be?

I shamefully considered heretical concepts such as a Central Authority with powers over monopolies and greenhouse emissions, vehicles that actually needed fuel to operate, the ability for players to finance many industries, taxation, and players' behaviour that has a real impact on gameplay... and horse manure.

My meandering meditations are too long to put here, but you might care to visit http://nylon.net/ttd/new.htm for a fanciful imagining of how a version of TT might look if Lord Chris (blessed be His game) created a sequel today.

Bless you, and don't make fun of the AI.

Saint Mark
Saint Mark
The Really Really Holy Church of Transport Tycoon: http://nylon.net/ttd
I mean, this is not a Wako cult or anything.
This church is really quite REAL (110% more real than Scientology.)
Join the Church of Transport Tycoon. :P

Or else.
kamnet

Re: Transport Tycoon - the next generation?

Post by kamnet »

Don't be deluded by your fanciful dreams. Lord Chris is a a spiteful Lord. His vision of the next TT would still be some fabrication of Locomotion. :P
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Let's say your approach is very SimCity like. What OpenTTD really lacks is stuff like underground stations, stations on bridges, diagonal everything, etc. We will see for the SimCity stuff afterwards.
Think about it now, while i am okay with the monopolizing stuff, I clearly think vehicles should not need power. Or would they. I think steam and diesel machines should have "refueling stations", not allowing them to travel too long.
Remember OpenTTD is about transportation, not about developing a city or making wars.
nylon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nylon »

There is no great church without a bit of heresy, blasphemy and witch-burning every so often :twisted:

[quote="kamnet"]Don't be deluded by your fanciful dreams. Lord Chris is a a spiteful Lord. His vision of the next TT would still be some fabrication of Locomotion. :P[/quote]
Saint Mark
The Really Really Holy Church of Transport Tycoon: http://nylon.net/ttd
I mean, this is not a Wako cult or anything.
This church is really quite REAL (110% more real than Scientology.)
Join the Church of Transport Tycoon. :P

Or else.

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”