Internal Update Service

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Batti5
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Internal Update Service

Post by Batti5 »

I was wondering if it would be possible to implement a update service in ottd, just like BaNaNas, example, a Button Called Update, nigthly to next nightly, stable to next stable relase, when finished, ask for restart, thare is a external app for this but it only works for windows, its annoying to download manually, extract, copy opengfx to data folder, it would be cool , don`t you think?
Wish to earn some money for free just by viewing some advertisment? Click this banner for more info.
It is Legal.
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Internal Update Service

Post by Yexo »

Batti5 wrote:I was wondering if it would be possible to implement a update service in ottd, just like BaNaNas, example, a Button Called Update, nigthly to next nightly, stable to next stable relase, when finished, ask for restart, thare is a external app for this but it only works for windows, its annoying to download manually, extract, copy opengfx to data folder, it would be cool , don`t you think?
If you don't want to copy your newgrfs/other data files/opengfx/ais, etc. you can store them in your home folder, so either in ~/.openttd or in My Documents\OpenTTD (depending on OS). The only thing you need to do is to download a new zip, extract the zip and start playing. There already is an autoupdater for windows (as you said), for linux there exists several scripts that achieve the same.

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”