- Problem with handling reservations on some airports, this resultet in among other things that that the validator kicked in on some correctly placed airports. (Zuu)
- Resetting the money and number of planes/helicopters when restarting game.
- The pathfinder cannot find paths that crosses an end of a runway from which an aircraft can start take-off.
- It is possible to delete the terminals. My idea for OTTD is that a terminal is a station, so that if you create two separate terminals, they will act as separate stations; you will then need a bus route or something between them if playing with cargodest. (As in RL).
New version 2.0 ready
- A minigame, somewhat inspired by tower-defense. You have to make a number of planes and helicopters land and take-off in order to get to the next level. Building your airport costs money. You get 10% interest on saved money per level, plus 5000.
- A validator that checks if your airport is allowed. It does not stop airports that has no runway or no helipad, as that should be allowed.
- It is now possible to build terminal buildings. This is regulated so that airports will look more natural.
The problem in point 8 in the proof stated in another post; it is no longer possible to get deadlocks due to an entire roundabout being filled with aircraft.
I'm happy if anyone displays their most efficient airports, as a target is to make the most efficient airports look natural
As this is my first post in the forum, I should probably introduce myself. I have played OTTD for about half a year, and TTDPatch before that. I have also been reading this forum since early this spring, and I must say that I'm very impressed with the way the game progresses, and all the work that is being done
Now, on to the subject:
The idea of building custom airports have been discussed several times, but ATM Ricks newGRF (air)ports is the closest we get (when that is ready). Some of the main arguments against trying to implement a system that makes the player able to build airports from scratch themselves, are the following:
- It would be very difficult to implement in a clean way. (A total rewrite of the airport system is needed)
- Users will create airports with deadlocks all the time, and complain about it in the forum.
- The system needs to be made so that the most efficient airports also look natural (e.g. doesn't have ten runways next to each other).
All routes are calculated after construction is finished, so the aircraft must follow the directions they get from the 'tower'.
Anyway, it is easier for you to test it and then ask me than for me to explain everything at once... Attached is the source code (java), and a JAR-file that can be executed if you have java runtime.
I don't know C/C++, so I made it from scratch with java. I'm planning on learnig C++, but if anyone else is interested in this feature, feel free to try to use my ideas and implement it in OTTD (probably quite an immense job).
And please try to get the aircraft stuck forever! (It should only be possible if you make a totally lame airport, without either tarmac or gates).