Suggestions commonly asked for

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

have you never tried to click one time more when placing signals?
you can make single way signals so :P
tycoon-2007
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tycoon-2007 »

Thanks, indeed. Suggestion dismissed :D
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Need traffic signs for trains

Post by Zuu »

tycoon-2007 wrote:Hello...

It would be great, in addition to signals, to add some traffic signs for trains. For example I'd like to be able to place some ">" sign over the railway, that ....
Looking at your screenshots it seams you have not explored the one-way-signals of OpenTTD yet.

Try use the signal tool and click on one of your existing signals to cycle between two-way and the two one-way variants. On the wiki there is more documents about the signaling system of OpenTTD.

EDIT: seams like wolfs are to faster than vikings. :)
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
tycoon-2007
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tycoon-2007 »

Thanks, this documentation is really helpful. Now I'd like to suggest to open some kind of a dialog window with a few settings for the signals when they are left-clicked without any specific tool chosen (currently this does nothing). I think, it would be better to see larger pictures of signal signs on this settings window as well.
connan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by connan »

btt.: What i would like to see is the possibility to build in paused mode.
The game runs to fast to use all the money at a point.
Dextro
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Dextro »

connan wrote:btt.: What i would like to see is the possibility to build in paused mode.
The game runs to fast to use all the money at a point.
ctrl+alt+c
(or ctrl+winkey+alt+c if that doesn't work)

;)
Uncle Dex Says: Follow the KISS Principle!
connan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by connan »

:D Thank you!
ZerXen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ZerXen »

I would pretty much like to slow down the game date/years progress, is it possible? Only the date/years everything else like vehicles, economy, etc. not affected { some console command or line of C code to edit? }. I would like to make one year last for about an hour, or even more .... So I can enjoy game and seek for perfection without the rush to atleast interconnect half of the biggest map untill 2050.

PS: putting back years manualy with that cheat menu is not what I am looking for :wink:

EDIT: It's probably my post NitroX seen this afternoon :wink: { didn't know there is a suggestions subforum back then :roll: }
ZerXen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ZerXen »

As for my previous suggestion, I made it myself ... the only thing is to edit the date.c code file and do a recompile ...

So this is what I have done :
downloaded current stable version 5.1
edited date.c
on line 241 { or nearby } you will see something like this in "void IncreaseDate(void)" function

Code: Select all

/* yeah, increase day counter and call various daily loops */
_date++;
-- this increase date whenever it detects timing update { first part of function }
What I have done is really just a brute cycle waste

Code: Select all

/* yeah, increase day counter and call various daily loops */        
static int slowDown = 0;
if ( slowDown < 3 ){
      slowDown++;
      return;
}
slowDown = 0;
_date++;
This will make one day last for 3 times as usual { 8sec on my system right now, I will make it 30sec for my own reasons } if you want more, just change the value in the "if" line ...
Anyway, I am not OpenTTD dev so I can not tell if this will have any unexpected problems ... but I will post any if they occur.

-- it violates C code ISO about declaring variables inside functions but atleast it keeps it eazy for you non coders to copy paste it ther
Octopussy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Octopussy »

You have also this web page for Suggestions

http://wiki.openttd.org/index.php/Suggestions
shampie
Engineer
Engineer

Post by shampie »

I see it called Diagornal up in this threat, I think that is why I couldn't find it.. anyways see link..
Straight Rail

I forsee this being hard to make (the tunnel part mainly) but it would be great to see!

-Shamps
OTTD007
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OTTD007 »

How about an option to rotate the map? There have been times when a city gets so big, that it hides one of your bus or mail stops, and you can't click on it.

And also, i've read about it from other posts, being able to zoom out farther when playing the bigger maps, ie 2049 x 2049, but a farther zoom level on both the minimap and on the main playing screen.
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

ZerXen wrote:I would pretty much like to slow down the game date/years progress, is it possible? Only the date/years everything else like vehicles, economy, etc. not affected { some console command or line of C code to edit? }. I would like to make one year last for about an hour, or even more .... So I can enjoy game and seek for perfection without the rush to atleast interconnect half of the biggest map untill 2050.

PS: putting back years manualy with that cheat menu is not what I am looking for :wink:

EDIT: It's probably my post NitroX seen this afternoon :wink: { didn't know there is a suggestions subforum back then :roll: }
download the "integrated" version from the "developpement" section.
active the "day length" patch, then don't forget to active "day length affects economy"
gbetous
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Suggestions commonly asked for

Post by gbetous »

Hi !

Sorry if this has already suggested, but I have not found it.

What about cities growing faster when supplying goods ? You can imagine a ratio between supplying needs and population, and when this ratio is completed, the town is growing a little faster (and so you need to supply more goods to obtain this ratio again, as the population grows).
rav
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by rav »

gbetous wrote:What about cities growing faster when supplying goods ?
they do
gbetous
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gbetous »

what ??? :shock:

sorry :oops:
Maedhros
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Maedhros »

rav wrote:
gbetous wrote:What about cities growing faster when supplying goods ?
they do
No they don't.

The only things that affect town growth speed (apart from the patch setting) are the number of stations in the town that are being regularly serviced, and whether anyone has funded new buildings in the last 3 months.

They don't affect the speed, although goods are required for towns to grow at all in the arctic climate (above the snowline) and the tropical climate.
No-one's more important than the earthworm.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Maedhros wrote:goods are required for towns to grow at all in the arctic climate (above the snowline) and the tropical climate.
Do you mean food there? Desert towns require water too.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Bilbo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bilbo »

Food and water is required ... I am not sure about the goods
If you need something, do it yourself or it will be never done.

My patches: Extra large maps (1048576 high, 1048576 wide) (FS#1059), Vehicle + Town + Industry console commands (FS#1060), few minor patches (FS#2820, FS#1521, FS#2837, FS#2843), AI debugging facility

Other: Very large ships NewGRF, Bilbo's multiplayer patch pack v5 (for OpenTTD 0.7.3)
Maedhros
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Maedhros »

Oh yes, sorry. Goods aren't required at all. :oops:
No-one's more important than the earthworm.

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”