manually set what each station "wants"

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

danny23
Engineer
Engineer

manually set what each station "wants"

Post by danny23 »

when for example a train with coal wagons gets to a station the first time, some flag "this station wants coal" is set and coal mines starts "giving" coal to this station.
my suggestion: I want these flags to be set manually by the player, in addition to setting automatically when the vehicle gets there.

(for example: I create railroad track from coal mine to power plant, buy a train at the power plan station, then *manually set "the coal station wants coal".*
when the train gets to the coal station the first time, the coal will be ready for it
- in the present version of OpenTTD the train has to be there first to set
"I want coal")
jabberwalkee_
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by jabberwalkee_ »

I see what you mean.....but i find that it is useful to see how long the first train will take to fill so I can build more repetitively until the first one comes back.
Emeric Pro
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Emeric Pro »

This would be useful only for the first delivery, right?
Would that really be worth implementing only for a single use?

Also having coal waiting with no train in station reduces the rating of this station. It's better to have nothing waiting in station for improving compan performance.

Maybe that last point could be changed, because it's actually unrealistic, in real life cargo waits for the train...
It would be better if i was gliding
swiitsch
Engineer
Engineer

Post by swiitsch »

I serviced a farm with one station. later I foun it better to use 2 seperate staions, one for grain the other for cattle. I hat to completely remove the old station so all the cattle yould only go to on e station.... Such an acceptance switsch qould be good in such situations.
Celestar
Director
Director

Post by Celestar »

I have made a patch that allows you to reset a station (all cargo will go to 0, and no cargo will be delivered). This will be implemented in 0.4.0, along with a good number of station stats.

Celestar
jabberwalkee_
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by jabberwalkee_ »

excellent!

I see what you were on about now

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”