Customizable airports

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

justaplayer
Engineer
Engineer

Customizable airports

Post by justaplayer »

Hello, In Openttd we know that there are placeable airports already designed to work but it would be a nice idea to add placeble parts of it, like:
Runways,Route Parts,Hangars,Stops and buildings

ex: There are 8 stops on the biggest airport but only 2 landing Runways and if there are 4 planes coming it gets messy but if there are other 2 landing runways its just more efficent.

(Yes i know that there is a grf with fake airport objects)
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Customizable airports

Post by jfs »

It's a dream that has been suggested many times before, but it's also going to be very difficult to make work right.
Master Trams
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Master Trams »

SimuTrans does have this feature, so it might be interesting if (if legally allowed of course) this is something we could transfer from that game to this one...
I love distracting myself from my day job by doing my day job thanks to OpenTTD JGR!
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

Master Trams wrote: 16 Jun 2021 20:33 SimuTrans does have this feature, so it might be interesting if (if legally allowed of course) this is something we could transfer from that game to this one...
The odds that Simutrans and OpenTTD are so similar that you can just copy&paste code between them are... well, basically zero.

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”