Moderator: OpenTTD Developers
its a bit of a problem and it would be good if we could use the sidewalks as lanes. I mean its a good idea to add a new roadtype which doesen't allow stops and can be only built by the player with two extra lanes and if the road goes into a two lane roadthe vehicles can merge. and heres the second image of a road which is doubled now:
(The idea is make a more compact road)
- the most important point, aside of all the technical issues: "more lanes" doesn't usually solve any traffic problems. you're just shoving more vehicles into a location that already has too many vehicles.
- the pathfinder and road movement code is currently not able to distribute vehicles across multiple lanes very well. you can already see this ingame with the one-way roads
- all the potential lane configurations must have graphics, which would invalidate both all the new and old roadtype grfs
- all the potential lane configurations must be stored in the map, which is already stuffed full with data.
- you need individual movement patterns for moving between lanes, turning on a crossing, etc. *cough*statemachines*cough*
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests