Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

jursky
Engineer
Engineer

Lock icon next to company name in companies list in-game

Post by jursky »

Hello,
I would like to request new feature: a lock icon next to locked company name in list of companies while playing in-game.
In order to visually represent what I'd like to be implemented, see following picture:

So basically it would be similar to how currently the list of companies work in Multiplayer menu while joining a server:

While I am looking at the picture from Multiplayer menu, maybe even this indicator of "successful company" could be also added to the list. :)
If you deem this feature useless, then ignore it, but in case you'll decide to implement it into the game, I'd grateful for that.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Lock icon next to company name in companies list in-game

Post by planetmaker »

You mean you want the same info ingame as when joining the server? That is "password set" and "positive earnings last year (quarter?)"?
jursky
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jursky »

planetmaker wrote:You mean you want the same info ingame as when joining the server? That is "password set" and "positive earnings last year (quarter?)"?
Exactly!

Anyway, the reason why I am asking for this feature: I am always joining any Multiplayer game using the "Spectate" button, because in case I don't like the server (no trees or very little - I like trees, so when there are none, I leave immediately; train does not break at all - I don't like easy difficulty so again - I am leaving immediately, etc.) I don't want to create new company blocking spot for a player who actually might want to play on such server. Then when I am in-game and I like the server, I will create new company. But in case the server is full, I'll start looking for an abandoned company for which nobody plays and is "free" (no password set) - but that's a little bit tedious because I need to open every company and see if it's locked or not. With this feature I would be able to see directly which company is free.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

showing protected status ingame should be possible, but showing performance before logging in might be a problem, because that needs transferring that information before transferring the savegame
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

I like it. I now have a patch for it which I will create a PR for later.
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
_dp_
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by _dp_ »

Damn, it's been in patched clients for so long that I though it's a vanilla feature :P

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”