Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:12 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:07 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Was mir persönlich fehlt, ist die Möglichkeit einen bedingten Sprung zu einem Auftrag zu setzen, wenn ein Zug ein bestimmtes Verspätungslimit erreicht hat. So könnte man beispielsweise Unterwegshalte auslassen oder Abkürzungen nehmen.

Dagegen verstehe ich nicht, warum man anhand der Höchstgeschwindigkeit einen bedingten Sprung erstellen sollte. Die HG eines Zuges ändert sich im Laufe seiner Existenz ja nicht und m.E. macht es keinen Sinn mehrere Züge mit unterschiedlichen Fahrzeugen einen gemeinsamen Fahrplan fahren zu lassen.

Auto-Translation:

What I personally miss is the ability to make a conditional jump to an order when a train has reached a certain delay limit. For example, you could skip commuter stops or take shortcuts.

By contrast, I do not understand why you should make a conditional jump based on the maximum speed. The HG of a train does not change in the course of its existence and It makes no sense to let multiple trains with different vehicles drive a common timetable.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:42 am 
Engineer
Engineer

ICE-T-Fan wrote:
The HG of a train

Since auto translation skipped an abbreviation here, it is meant to mean max speed ("Höchstgeschwindigkeit").

Furthermore i agree with the above.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:04 am 
Engineer
Engineer

It's a good idea, though (as someone who uses conditional orders extensively and is quite experienced with them) I'd be wary using it for skip-stops, because it plays havoc with timetabling and cargodist. Trains will be picking up passengers and then not going to the needed stations for them.

From a gameplay perspective I'd advise building more waiting time in at terminal stations, with extra platforms as needed.

Still a good idea though. It'd also be good with programmable signals and routing restrictions (not in trunk) to be able to use this, e.g. send late trains down the fast tracks, send early trains down the slow tracks. (I don't think it's an option there)