How about this?
Welcome fellow tycoons! Please allow us to present for your attention the latest and finest OpenTTD 1.7.1 release.
This release finally gets rid of aqueducts, the Roman-era architectural artefact, which is not only outrageously expensive to build and provides little practical value, but also used by less than 0.0003% of OpenTTD players, according to the poll performed on ten popular online servers.
However, to offset this, we are introducing a new exciting feature - you can transport trains using ships! This will finally make ship transport useful for at least something, and will allow you to transport trains over large bodies of water, without building bridges.
Unfortunately, the trains transported using ships cannot have any cargo, also the game engine limitations have forced us to implement it as selling the train when it boards the ship at the docks, and buying identical train when the ship arrives to the destination docks, which means that the player will lose 20% of the train cost each time the train is transported using a ship. We are looking for ways to fix this issue in the next stable release.
BTW here is the changelog for 1.7.1, it's all bugfixes.
- Fix: Add missing game script event for ships arriving at a station [FS#6560] (r27859, r27858)
- Fix: StringID truncation to 16 bits broke string remapping test [FS#6555] (r27851)
- Fix: Infinite loop in pathfinder when checking safe waiting position from a waypoint [FS#5926] (r27846)
- Fix: [YAPF] Consider depot as destination before reversing path and applying penalty (r27843)
- Fix: Don't consider locks or ship depots as clear water when placing industries (r27841)
- Fix: Small news window's fake caption was not sized to fit its text (r27838)
- Fix: Black remap did nothing in 8bpp-simple blitter (r27837)
- Fix: Misaligned resize icon due to widget bounds being inclusive (r27831)
- Fix: Update viewport sign dimensions when changing GUI zoom level (r27827, r27819)
- Fix: Vehicle viewport is not user scrollable so flag window as such (r27823)
- Fix: Allow dropdown to be drawn above origin widget even with scrollbar (r27820)
- Fix: 32bpp-anim blitters assumed that pitch and width of the screen were equal [FS#6545] (r27796)
- Fix: Chat text background overflowed due to missing padding [FS#6526] (r27794)
- Fix: Failed to load lzo compressed savegames sometimes [FS#6450] (r27793)
- Fix: [Win32] Mark OpenTTD as DPI-aware to avoid OS window scaling that breaks mouse input [FS#6366] (r27791, r27790)
- Fix: [NewGRF] Get vehicle load amount after executing new cargo trigger [FS#6536] (r27788)
- Fix: AI configuration changed incorrect parameter when some parameters are hidden [FS#6479] (r27787, r27786)
- Fix: Buoys not always drawn after being placed depending on zoom level [FS#6508] (r27785)
- Fix: Allow rail conversion even if ship is on tile [FS#6505] (r27784)