OpenTTD and some problems

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

CarmeloLabadie
Engineer
Engineer

OpenTTD and some problems

Post by CarmeloLabadie »

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

I wonder if anyone can help.....

Just downloaded the game and fired it up and it works well.. full screen and I love the extras such as canals and the extra airports......

However, two problems.. the game runs very slow compared with the windows version that I have. Buses are slow and the Concorde look-alike airplane (Yate Haugan) takes off so slowly that it threatens to fall out of the air..... I am running the game using an AMD 300 chip, bags of memory, and without anything else running in the background apparently. Is there a way to speed the game up?

Secondly, I have the music playing in the openTTd version but no sounds of the vehicles. Coincidently, in the windows version that I have on my disc I have the sound effects but no music... is there a solution to get the sound effects in the OpenTTD version?

All help is most appreciated...
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: OpenTTD and some problems

Post by jfs »

Try opening the Frame Rate window in OpenTTD via the (?) menu, check that the game is running at 33 frames/sec or more. If it doesn't, try taking a screenshot of the framerate window and post it here.

It's worth trying to lower the screen resolution, run in a window instead of full screen (and make the window smaller), and disable hardware acceleration. (Yes, due to the way graphics is implemented, sometimes the hardware acceleration can make it run worse.)

For sound effects, you should find a file called sample.cat in your original TTD files. Copy that file into your Documents\OpenTTD\baseset\ folder, then you should get the original sound set available in OpenTTD.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: OpenTTD and some problems

Post by Eddi »

also try disabling "full animation"

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”