FIRS

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Nauco
Engineer
Engineer

FIRS

Post by Nauco »

Hallo,

ich hoffe das mich hier jemand verstehen kann. Ich würde gerne mit den Industrien von FIRS spielen. Da ich leider nicht so gut English kann, komm ich einfach nicht dahinter wie ich es an Laufen bekomme.
Ich habe die Industrien mein Problem ist das nicht geliefert wird und ich komme nicht dahinter wo das Problem liegt. Ich hoffe mir kann einer Helfen. Welche NewGRF ich brauche und in Welche reihenfolge
sie gesetzt werden müssen.

Danke für die Hilfe

LG
Nauco

Hello,

I hope someone here can understand me. I would like to play with the industries of FIRS. Since I don’t know English so well, I just can’t figure out how I get it to run.
I have the industries my problem is that it is not delivered and I can’t figure out where the problem lies. I hope someone can help me. What NewGRF I need and in what order they need to be set.

Thanks for the help

LG
Nauco

P. S. Translation with PONS
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: FIRS

Post by Taschi »

Wenn du mit FIRS spielst (ich nehme an, mit FIRS 4), brauchst du ein Fahrzeugset, das die FIRS-Frachttypen unterstützt, z. B. OpenGFX+ oder Timberwolf's UK Trains. Die meisten Fahrzeugsets unterstützen FIRS-Frachttypen, die Standardfahrzeuge aber leider nicht.

Wenn du außer FIRS noch andere NewGRFs geladen hast, wäre ein Screenshot der NewGRF-Liste oder ein Savegame hilfreich, um das Problem einzugrenzen. Ich bin mir auch nicht 100% sicher, ob ich richtig verstehe, was du damit meinst, "das nicht geliefert wird".

Translated by Geo Ghost using google translate wrote:If you play with FIRS (I assume with FIRS 4) you will need a vehicle set that supports the FIRS cargo types, e.g. B. OpenGFX + or Timberwolf's UK Trains. Most vehicle sets support FIRS cargo types, but unfortunately the standard vehicles do not.

If you have loaded other NewGRFs besides FIRS, a screenshot of the NewGRF list or a savegame would be helpful to isolate the problem. I am also not 100% sure that I understand correctly what you mean by "that will not be delivered".
Last edited by Geo Ghost on 17 Sep 2021 23:46, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added translations to assist =)
Nauco
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Nauco »

Hallo Taschi

Ich meine mit "das nicht geliefert wird". Die Züge laden nicht bei den Industrien. Außer Passagiere wird nichts Transportiert.

Hier die Screens
Translated by Geo Ghost using google translate wrote:Hello Taschi

I mean by "that is not delivered". The trains don't load at the industries. Nothing is transported except passengers.

Here are the screens
OpenTTD.png
OpenTTD.png (18.77 KiB) Viewed 12984 times
OpenTTD2.png
OpenTTD2.png (59.25 KiB) Viewed 12984 times
LG
Last edited by Geo Ghost on 17 Sep 2021 23:46, edited 2 times in total.
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

Eventuell sind deine Wagen nicht auf den richtigen Frachttyp umgerüstet? Guck mal in das Infofenster für den Zug, im Tab "Kapazität" müsste da "x Tonnen Altmetall" stehen. Wenn nicht, musst du den Zug zurück ins Depot schicken und da auf Altmetall umrüsten.

Die NewGRF-Einstellungen sollten so jedenfalls passen.

Translated by Geo Ghost using google translate wrote:Maybe your wagons have not been converted to the right type of freight? Take a look in the information window for the train, in the tab "Capacity" there should be "x tons of scrap metal". If not, you have to send the train back to the depot and convert it to scrap metal.

In any case, the NewGRF settings should fit.
Last edited by Geo Ghost on 17 Sep 2021 23:48, edited 1 time in total.
Nauco
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Nauco »

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Oh man ich danke dir. Darauf muss man erstmal kommen. :)

LG
Nauco
Translated by Geo Ghost using google translate wrote:Oh man thank you You have to come to that first. :)

LG
Nauco
Last edited by Geo Ghost on 17 Sep 2021 23:49, edited 1 time in total.
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

Das ist allerdings immer so, nicht nur wenn du mit FIRS spielst. Ohme FIRS ist nur die Wahrscheinlichkeit höher, dass deine Wagen "ab Werk" für die richtige Frachtart ausgestattet sind.

Für Fortgeschrittene gibt es auch die Option zum automatischen Umrüsten, dazu müsste es was im Wiki geben.
Translated by Geo Ghost using google translate wrote:This is always the case, however, not only when you play with FIRS. Ohme FIRS is just more likely that your wagons are equipped "ex works" for the correct type of freight.

For advanced users, there is also the option of automatic retooling; there should be something in the wiki for this.
Last edited by Geo Ghost on 17 Sep 2021 23:50, edited 1 time in total.
Nauco
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Nauco »

Habe mal rumgestöbert und leider nichts dazu gefunden. Was das umrüsten für Fortgeschrittene angeht. ?(

Korrektur ich habe es gefunden. Steig ich nicht ganz durch :D obwohl ich das Original seit 1995 Spiele :D

Translated by Geo Ghost using google translate wrote:I rummaged around and unfortunately found nothing about it. As for upgrading for advanced users. ? (

Correction i found it. I don't quite get through: D although I've been playing the original since 1995: D
Last edited by Geo Ghost on 17 Sep 2021 23:50, edited 1 time in total.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Hi everyone.

Please be advised this is an English speaking forum, and any public posts should be posted in a language comprehensible to most users, that being English.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

Chrill wrote: 06 Sep 2021 19:23 Please be advised this is an English speaking forum, and any public posts should be posted in a language comprehensible to most users, that being English.
I'm not going to translate everything i've said but the gist of it is that OP needed to refit his train to the appropriate freight type.

Since this is a problem that comes up fairly often and has probably been discussed in English before, I assumed that writing all my posts here in two languages would probably be redundant.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Taschi wrote: 06 Sep 2021 21:35
Chrill wrote: 06 Sep 2021 19:23 Please be advised this is an English speaking forum, and any public posts should be posted in a language comprehensible to most users, that being English.
I'm not going to translate everything i've said but the gist of it is that OP needed to refit his train to the appropriate freight type.

Since this is a problem that comes up fairly often and has probably been discussed in English before, I assumed that writing all my posts here in two languages would probably be redundant.
It may be redundant, but posts in English or translated to English is still a requirement. The only reason I didn't notice it is because my browser automatically translates languages and I didn't catch it.
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

I am not going to provide a full translation for my posts in this thread. If that bothers you, feel free to delete them.
Nauco
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Nauco »

Sorry aber so was unfreundliches habe ich schon lange nicht mehr erlebt. Es soll leute geben die der Englishen sprache nicht so mächte sind. So flexibel wie eine Brechstange.
Translated by Geo Ghost using google translate wrote:Sorry but I haven't seen anything so unfriendly in a long time. There are supposed to be people who are not so powerful about the English language. As flexible as a crowbar.
Last edited by Geo Ghost on 17 Sep 2021 23:51, edited 1 time in total.
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

Hello all.

If I may add into this discussion from a neutral stance.

Dear Nauco and Tashci.
I've added a translation to each of your posts using google translate (not perfect, but it's something). I hope this is ok with you :)
This is by no means meant to be negative, I just wished to take the pressure of yourselves and also make it easier for other members to read if they have a similar issue or wish to suggest/comment on anything.

To everyone
I think we may have 'Started off on the wrong foot' here, so to speak.
Whilst yes our rules do state we are an English speaking forum and a translation should be provided too (mainly for other users who may be able to assist, have questions, or want to get involved).
However there has to be an understanding that English isn't everyone's first language. Some people may find it difficult or lack confidence to communicate well in another tongue (Nauco and Tashci - I am not by any means suggesting you have such an issue. I'm just making a generic example).
We are fortunate that google translate these days is pretty good in getting a legible and understandable translation across. It won't ever be perfect and we'll always have a slight language barrier or phraseology that doesn't translate well.

Going forward... I suggest that if you do make a non-English speaking post, use Google Translate (https://translate.google.com/) to provide a English version of the post for other to assist. Much like your first post Nauco :D
For people replying and assisting it may be worth doing the same thing with an English reply, and a translated post to which ever language was posted in to help the user if they struggle with English. It helps us all out that way.

If you're ever unsure how to translate a post, flag your post to a mod and ask if they can help add a translation for you. I'm sure we'll be happy to help when we have the time.
All in all, perhaps a fresh start is in order. There's a few disagreements here, but I see no reason why we can't simply apologise for the misunderstanding and put it past us :)

Wish you all the best!
P.S, Nauco - I've been playing Transport Tycoon since around 1995 as well. Good old MS-DOS days trying to type in the address to run the game :mrgreen:
Welcome, and take care!

Google Translate wrote: Ich entschuldige mich, wenn dies nicht gut übersetzt.

Lieber Nauco und Tashci.
Ich habe jedem Ihrer Beiträge mit Google Translate eine Übersetzung hinzugefügt (nicht perfekt, aber es ist etwas). Ich hoffe das ist ok für dich :)
Dies ist keineswegs negativ gemeint, ich wollte mich nur selbst unter Druck setzen und auch anderen Mitgliedern die Lektüre erleichtern, wenn sie ein ähnliches Problem haben oder etwas vorschlagen/kommentieren möchten.

An alle
Ich denke, wir haben hier sozusagen „auf dem falschen Fuß angefangen“.
Unsere Regeln besagen zwar, dass wir ein englischsprachiges Forum sind und eine Übersetzung sollte auch bereitgestellt werden (hauptsächlich für andere Benutzer, die möglicherweise helfen können, Fragen haben oder sich beteiligen möchten).
Allerdings muss man verstehen, dass Englisch nicht jedermanns Muttersprache ist. Manchen Leuten fällt es vielleicht schwer oder es fehlt ihnen an Selbstvertrauen, sich in einer anderen Sprache gut zu verständigen (Nauco und Tashci - ich will nicht andeuten, dass Sie ein solches Problem haben. Ich mache nur ein allgemeines Beispiel).
Wir haben das Glück, dass Google Translate heutzutage ziemlich gut darin ist, eine lesbare und verständliche Übersetzung zu liefern. Es wird nie perfekt sein und wir werden immer eine leichte Sprachbarriere oder Phraseologie haben, die nicht gut übersetzt werden kann.

Ich schlage vor, wenn Sie einen nicht englischsprachigen Beitrag erstellen, verwenden Sie Google Translate (https://translate.google.com/), um eine englische Version des Beitrags bereitzustellen, damit andere helfen können. Ähnlich wie dein erster Beitrag Nauco :D
Für Leute, die antworten und helfen, kann es sich lohnen, dasselbe mit einer englischen Antwort und einem übersetzten Beitrag zu tun, in welcher Sprache auch immer gepostet wurde, um dem Benutzer zu helfen, wenn er Probleme mit Englisch hat. Es hilft uns allen auf diese Weise.

Wenn du dir nicht sicher bist, wie du einen Beitrag übersetzen sollst, markiere deinen Beitrag bei einem Mod und frage, ob er dir helfen kann, eine Übersetzung hinzuzufügen. Ich bin sicher, wir helfen gerne, wenn wir Zeit haben

Alles in allem ist vielleicht ein Neuanfang angebracht. Hier gibt es ein paar Meinungsverschiedenheiten, aber ich sehe keinen Grund, warum wir uns nicht einfach für das Missverständnis entschuldigen und es bei uns vorbeischieben können :)

Alles Gute für dich!
PS, Nauco - Ich spiele auch Transport Tycoon seit etwa 1995. Gute alte MS-DOS-Tage, in denen versucht wurde, die Adresse einzugeben, um das Spiel auszuführen :mrgreen:
Willkommen und pass auf dich auf !
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

Geo Ghost wrote: 18 Sep 2021 00:05 We are fortunate that google translate these days is pretty good in getting a legible and understandable translation across. It won't ever be perfect and we'll always have a slight language barrier or phraseology that doesn't translate well.
Hi Geo Ghost,

thanks for your very extensive and compassionate post.

I've quoted the one thing I'd like to comment on - sure, I could just add a Google Translate comment to my post and might do so in the future, but it's not something I feel enthusiastic about.

I am a native German speaker and I do believe I am also fairly good at speaking English (well, at least at reading and writing English - my accent is atrocious). I wholeheartedly agree with you that machine translation is a huge blessing. For example, I have made some contributions to Wikipedia based on Japanese sources, which would not at all have been accessible to me without machine translation.

On the other hand, I also know that machine translation sometimes completely misses the mark, resulting in complete gibberish or, even worse, in a clear and concise text which means the exact opposite of the original. So writing something in German, putting it into Google Translate and then metaphorically putting my signature underneath the translation result feels wrong to me, simply because I know that the machine translation is far worse than anything I could write myself.

On the other other hand, I just don't like repeating the same thing over and over again. I'd be happy to explain an idea in German and in English, if that idea was something that hadn't expressed before (and I'm not a genius whose every idea is so unique that all of mankind would kneel before me). But in the case of this thread, the problem faced by OP was a fairly common one, and I am certain it has been discussed in English before someone on this forum. I also provided a summary of our conversation a while ago. So writing the same thing twice feels like work to me.

The gist of this situation is that I read a post by someone struggling to explain their problem in English, so I thought "hey, I'm a native speaker of German, and I have an idea of what might be the problem, so I'll reply in German". I've been on this forum long enough to know that, while the main language on here is English, occasional discussions in other languages have happened (for example, in the CZTR threads) and have been tolerated, so my assumption was that such discussions were tolerated on here, especially when they were focused on helping a user experiencing problems. Personally, as a professional software developer, I have at least some experience in tech support and my firm belief is that in a tech support scenario, the first priority is to provide useful help to the user who is currently experiencing problems.

The two reasons why this entire conversation has been somewhat annoying to me are that a) I went in here trying to be helpful in a situation where most other users of this board would have a hard time providing decent help due to the language barrier, and have gotten nothing but grief for it, and b) that in the past, it seems that the forum's team seemed to generally be okay with the use of other languages than English if the situation warranted it. I can definitely understand the need of a forum moderator to be able to understand the things that are being said on here - but if I provided an English translation for my posts, you'd still only have my word on what those posts are actually saying. And I can understand that you want people to be able to find solutions for their problems with the forum search and / or Google, which doesn't work if the response is only in another language, but I have already written a post that explains the gist of what I've said, and there are resources on the same topic in English already, and as far as I know, Google will prioritse those resources over this thread anyway if someone uses an English search query.
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

Taschi wrote: 18 Sep 2021 00:44
Geo Ghost wrote: 18 Sep 2021 00:05 We are fortunate that google translate these days is pretty good in getting a legible and understandable translation across. It won't ever be perfect and we'll always have a slight language barrier or phraseology that doesn't translate well.
Hi Geo Ghost,

thanks for your very extensive and compassionate post.

I've quoted the one thing I'd like to comment on - sure, I could just add a Google Translate comment to my post and might do so in the future, but it's not something I feel enthusiastic about.
Hey Taschi.

I've read what you've said and I fully understand what you're saying and your feelings on it. It makes sense.
Google Translate is indeed a useful tool, but as you say it does have limitations and can cause a bit of confusion with dodgy translations which means we have to use a bit of common sense to work out the wording. Of course if there is a member who isn't able to communicate in English well but someone can assist in their native tongue (or native hands in this case I guess!), then that is very useful.
Some things indeed don't translate well. I myself have a lot of Norwegian friends and we'd always laugh at the word 'Polag' (probably not spelt it right) which had absolutely no direct translation into English. The closest we got was 'put-ons' which sounded ridiculous. So indeed, it isn't perfect but I think most people realise and make allowances for that :)

I use to work on the platform and deal with passengers daily and there were a number of times when a language barrier was an issue. Either through someone struggling to understand the information I gave as they weren't fluent in the language, or because they didn't know it at all. It was difficult at times, and we have to think outside the box (Although we had a mix up between a station called "Baldock" and them wanting the Eurostar to Bordeaux at one point. That was nearly a disaster!).

Anyway, I'd suggest we perhaps all let this debate and previous disagreement wash over and forget about it. No harm was done at the end of the day, even if we perhaps got a bit heated in our view on it.
What I will do though is raise with the moderation team about the rule to perhaps look at allowing some kind of leniency depending on the situation in the future. :)

Wish you all the best!
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

Geo Ghost wrote: 18 Sep 2021 12:30 Anyway, I'd suggest we perhaps all let this debate and previous disagreement wash over and forget about it. No harm was done at the end of the day, even if we perhaps got a bit heated in our view on it.
What I will do though is raise with the moderation team about the rule to perhaps look at allowing some kind of leniency depending on the situation in the future. :)
Funnily, I was told today that I had gotten a formal warning for this incident - which I was not aware of until today and which, in my opinion, is not exactly what letting this debate wash over and forgetting about means.
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

Taschi wrote: 21 Jan 2022 17:35
Geo Ghost wrote: 18 Sep 2021 12:30 Anyway, I'd suggest we perhaps all let this debate and previous disagreement wash over and forget about it. No harm was done at the end of the day, even if we perhaps got a bit heated in our view on it.
Funnily, I was told today that I had gotten a formal warning for this incident - which I was not aware of until today and which, in my opinion, is not exactly what letting this debate wash over and forgetting about means.
I'm not even getting involved with that Taschi. It's very disappointing seeing your sarky and rude comments in places a number of times, and it is frustrating members. Coming here and moaning about feeling hard-done-by doesn't help either.
Stop being sarky with people, and there won't be an issue. If you do have a problem, speak to the admin.
We'll say no more on the matter, and I'll be locking the topic as well.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”