NewGRF disappears

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

mytreds
Engineer
Engineer

NewGRF disappears

Post by mytreds »

I have a small problem, my NewGRFs that I've downloaded are disappearing. I always download NewGRFs in-game. The one in particular I cannot find is the ECS-FIRS vehicle set. It says I have downloaded it, and I can see it in my files in my computer folder, but it does not appear in the NewGRF settings screen. The vehicle set worked fine for me a few months back. I came back to play openttd again and now I'm finding it missing somehow.
mytreds
Engineer
Engineer

Re: NewGRF disappears

Post by mytreds »

I use the Steam version.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Are you using version 1.11.2, 12.0-beta1 or 12.0-beta2?
mytreds
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mytreds »

1.11.2. Should I update?
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

Did you open the NewGRF settings screen from the main menu, or during a running game? In the latter case, you'll only see NewGRFs that are active for this particular game.
mytreds
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mytreds »

I am looking at the NewGRF settings window from the main menu when I boot up the game.

I discovered I am also missing the North American Renewal set. Again, it says it has been downloaded but does not appear in either the Inactive or Active NewGRF file windows in game.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

mytreds wrote: 21 Aug 2021 21:38 1.11.2. Should I update?
No need to, I just needed to know what version you were using to see if I could replicate it. Sometimes when versions of OpenTTD are updated its possible that a poorly-created NewGRF, or one that has a previously undiscovered bug, could be left out. I checked with all the versions of the two NewGRFs you mentioned and I could not replicate this issue, and both of these NewGRFs are popular enough that if there was a bug that they would have been quickly reported.

You may want to file an official report over on Github: https://github.com/OpenTTD/OpenTTD/issues
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

Incidentally, do you use a cloud storage service like OneDrive? I've seen some reports on Steam of OpenTTD behaving wonky when the OpenTTD folder is synchronized with such a cloud service... nothing exactly like you're experiencing but might be worth asking anyway.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”