Tenacious Dock! How do I get rid of it?!

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

MrRB
Engineer
Engineer

Tenacious Dock! How do I get rid of it?!

Post by MrRB »

Dear people, I have an issue with a very tenacious dock (see screenshot). I think it's the old style FIRS dock. However I don't have that in my NewGRF list :? .

I tried to use another style dock in my NewGRF list and that will not show (ISR dock for example). I can leave all dock NewGRFs out of my NewGRFs list (so thinking I'd get the standard style dock) and still this dock is the one I get! I also tried to switch on/off the ISR 1.0.2 parameter "Disable custom dock". This doesn't work either. While disabling the ISR 1.0.2 parameter "Disable custom ship depot" does in fact work.

All in all, in no way shape or form am I ever able to get rid of this dock.

See also the screenshot for the list of NewGRFs I use. Maybe this helps.

Thanks so much for helping me out! :D

P.s. I'm fine with the Ship depot :wink:
Attachments
List of NewGRFs.png
List of NewGRFs.png (22.06 KiB) Viewed 395 times
Tenacious Dock.png
Tenacious Dock.png (45.34 KiB) Viewed 1494 times
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: Tenacious Dock! How do I get rid of it?!

Post by Taschi »

kamnet wrote: 15 Aug 2021 20:34 Post a save game or list your current NewGRFs loaded, please?
A list of loaded NewGRFs is in the attachments for the original post - although it doesn't contain version info.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I see CHIPS Custom Docks right at the top of the list. That's where those are coming from.
MrRB
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MrRB »

kamnet wrote: 15 Aug 2021 21:31 I see CHIPS Custom Docks right at the top of the list. That's where those are coming from.
Thanks for the quick response Kamnet! Sorry, that's my bad, I accidentally left it in with the screenshot, but I already tried to cut that one out. However this still doesn't work, sadly...
MrRB
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MrRB »

Taschi wrote: 15 Aug 2021 21:24
kamnet wrote: 15 Aug 2021 20:34 Post a save game or list your current NewGRFs loaded, please?
A list of loaded NewGRFs is in the attachments for the original post - although it doesn't contain version info.
How can I help you guys with getting the version info along of the items in the list? Is there a file I can send. Does sending a savegame help? I'll attache one anyway, because Kamnet mentioned it earlier.

Hope this helps any and someone can find what's up.

P.s. about the version of the game itself. I have the latest stable. Downloaded last weekend.
Attachments
Testrun saved for OpenTTD forums.sav
(200.7 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

The savegame contains a list of all the loaded NewGRFs yes.

As a side note, I see you have both FIXES and FIRS 3 loaded, the FIXES is only meant for FIRS version 1.

The sprite aligner tool in the NewGRF debugger says the dock sprite comes from chips.
Attachments
openttd_2021-08-17_19-18-55.png
(24.16 KiB) Not downloaded yet
openttd_2021-08-17_19-23-11.png
openttd_2021-08-17_19-23-11.png (27.88 KiB) Viewed 395 times
MrRB
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MrRB »

jfs wrote: 17 Aug 2021 17:24 The savegame contains a list of all the loaded NewGRFs yes.

As a side note, I see you have both FIXES and FIRS 3 loaded, the FIXES is only meant for FIRS version 1.

The sprite aligner tool in the NewGRF debugger says the dock sprite comes from chips.
Thanks JFS. By pinpointing that it was the CHIPS (station) set it got me thinking, that it might be overruled if a NewGRF of another dock would be placed AFTER it in the list. Well, it worked like a charm! :D

And thanks for pointing out the FIRS fixes thing. I didn't realize that. Frees up space for a potential other NewGRF

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”