uncontrolled railway station building

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

codttd
Engineer
Engineer

uncontrolled railway station building

Post by codttd »

Hello , new member here,
Been playing TTd for years and just got along sorted out myself any problems until lately when for some reason railway stations started to appear at random all over the place, demolish them but they appear next time the game is played. Total of about 1700 railway stations of which about 400 are connected by rail.

There has also been a self building boom in oil rigs possibly only halve are being served by ships .

Any ideas ?
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: uncontrolled railway station building

Post by Taschi »

Oil rigs popping up at alarming rates is fairly normal. They only get introduced at a certain date (1970?) but spawn fairly generously after that.

Do you play with AI opponents / gamescripts?
codttd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by codttd »

Thanks , sorry about the delay in replying

I understand about the oil rigs but they have increased quite a lot since these random building, but I 'm not worrying about them even though they increased about the same time as the random railway stations appeared

there are 5 Ai and I will only buy them over if there are any worthwhile assets
random stations
random stations
open ttd.jpg (456.97 KiB) Viewed 395 times
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

Those are not oil rigs, those are refineries. Unlike oil rigs, refineries can be built by players and / or AIs.

I think it's pretty clear what's happening here, your AI is going haywire. You should probably a) use a different AI script and / or b) report this behaviour to the AI script author. (AIs are not part of the OpenTTD basegame and are not maintained by the core OpenTTD dev team. Figure out which AI is responsible for this, and try the forum search to find an appropriate thread.)
codttd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by codttd »

Hi
Its not the refineries that are the problem , the screen shot shows a small part of the game and it just happens to include a higher density of refineries than normal. other screen shots I took but didn't post showed no refineries.

The screenshot was to show the railway stations springing up all round the screen, but as you suggest I'll look at the AI's and see what happens.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”