Trains keep stopping without a clear reason?

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Trains keep stopping without a clear reason?

Post by Taschi »

In my current game, every year or so, a train decides to randomly stop (with the red "Stopped" text in the train info window) and block the entire line. This only ever happens for one particular route, which has ~10 trains on it with a shared schedule.

I'm playing with JGR patchpack 0.40.4, and have not encountered this problem before in another game with basically the same NewGRF constellation and no issues. Timetabling and auto-separation are off for that group.

Does anybody have an idea what might be the issue? A search for "openttd trains randomly stop" didn't yield anything useful. Savegame is attached, and the affected trains are in the group called "P2 Wakefield - Pudsey". Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
train-stop-issue.sav
(1.78 MiB) Downloaded 40 times
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: Trains keep stopping without a clear reason?

Post by Taschi »

It happened again, this time to train #10 (in the group "P2 Wakefield - Pudsey"). Savegame is attached and might be more useful than the earlier one.
Attachments
train-stop-issue-2.sav
(1.8 MiB) Downloaded 37 times
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Taschi wrote: 28 Apr 2021 19:29 In my current game, every year or so, a train decides to randomly stop (with the red "Stopped" text in the train info window) and block the entire line. This only ever happens for one particular route, which has ~10 trains on it with a shared schedule.

I'm playing with JGR patchpack 0.40.4, and have not encountered this problem before in another game with basically the same NewGRF constellation and no issues. Timetabling and auto-separation are off for that group.

Does anybody have an idea what might be the issue? A search for "openttd trains randomly stop" didn't yield anything useful. Savegame is attached, and the affected trains are in the group called "P2 Wakefield - Pudsey". Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Perhaps you've accidentally ctrl-clicked on a train? This is a trunk feature for easily stopping and starting vehicles without having to open the vehicle window.
I'm not aware of any mechanism where this could happen without user intervention.
You could also try using a newer version.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

JGR wrote: 28 Apr 2021 19:50 Perhaps you've accidentally ctrl-clicked on a train?
This has happened about five times in this save game, always to trains of the same group, and usually when I was off building in a different corner of the map, so... I don't think that's very likely.

I probably should update but since that hasn't happened before to me in another game with the same patchpack version and basically the same NewGRF constellation (except I added FIRS, but that shouldn't influence train behavior... right???) I don't think that's the source of the issue. I'll give it a try, though.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”