Sem ofertas de subsídios. [No grant offers.]

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

MajorHalam
Engineer
Engineer

Sem ofertas de subsídios. [No grant offers.]

Post by MajorHalam »

O jogo não oferta subsídios no modo cenário, somente no modo de geração aleatória de mapas e cidades ou de mapa topográfico. Por favor me ajudem, pois gosto muito das ofertas de subsídios, pois são para mim missões a serem concluídas, torna o jogo mais interessante e desafiador. Espero por respostas. :(
Geo Ghost

Re: Sem ofertas de subsídios.

Post by Geo Ghost »

Translation via Google:
MajorHalam wrote: 27 Apr 2021 14:50 The game does not offer subsidies in the scenario mode, only in the random generation of maps and cities or topographic map mode. Please help me, as I really like the offer of subsidies, as they are missions to be completed, it makes the game more interesting and challenging. I wait for answers.. :(
Hey MajorHalam.
I've google translated (probably poorly!) your question so members can assist you :)
Brumi
President
President

Re: Sem ofertas de subsídios. [No grant offers.]

Post by Brumi »

Curious, I'm not getting any subsidies whatsoever even on a generated map with 1.11.1.

However, if I do a fresh install of 1.11.1, which in turn generates the default openttd.cfg, I do get some subsidies. So it seems like it has something to do with my settings. I will try to figure this out.

EDIT: It turns out that Cargodist is the culprit. Not sure if bug or feature, but if Cargodist is enabled, then you get no subsidies at all. So in your case, that particular scenario has Cargodist enabled, you can disable it if you want to see subsidies.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

That's not a bug, it is actually a feature. When Cargodist became enabled, subsidies did not react well. So they are intentionally disabled. This happened several years ago.

The solution is to play with a game script that offers subsidies as goals. :)
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

By the way, it is utterly nonsense, that subsidies are disabled for cargodist.
Seems it was some overcareful precaution when cargodist was implemented many years ago and still we stuck here,
while it may works fine as it is (increased price for cargo generated in A delivered to B).
Let me answer possible objections like "players would be disoriented why they didn't got subsidy for all passengers":
the way how openttd creates new subsidies (only served below 42%, so practically, especially for cargodist, not served at all) doesn't interfere with cargodist link creation (even if you hook up new subsidy to existing cargodist network, you would get bunch of red 'go to anywhere station' cargo first, and once new link will be established, subsidy will disappear anyway).

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”