mulriplayer no longer works

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

andreasaspenberg
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

mulriplayer no longer works

Post by andreasaspenberg »

the clients drops after a few seconds every time. this problem is found in the version available through steam. i have tested an older version of the game and that does not have this problem.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: mulriplayer no longer works

Post by Wahazar »

Maybe server is rejecting if you have no player name defined?
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

andreasaspenberg wrote: 21 Apr 2021 09:47 the clients drops after a few seconds every time. this problem is found in the version available through steam. i have tested an older version of the game and that does not have this problem.
Are you trying to connect to a server using an older (or basically any other) version? Do you have the right GRF files? Is the server, or yourself, suffering from poor quality internet?
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
andreasaspenberg
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

both players use the same version. the problem is however not limited to the steam version. it also made it into jgr`s patch pack version 41. it is not a problem in version 38.1. i tried naming the player as well and that did not help. it is not even internet based, as i never play on the internet. i play on my own private lan. it is also not grf related, as it is present even without any grfs installed. after about half a minute the host stops sending data to the client.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Ah, in that case then. It does seem to be something more than the 'usual' multiplayer issues.
If you just specify your operating system and other useful 'information' about your setup, hopefully a developer can get back to you about it.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
andreasaspenberg
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

i am using windows 10 on one pc(with i7-8700k and rtx 2080 ti) and windows 7 on the other one(with i7-2600 and gtx 650 ti boost).

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”