Never had a Bulk Terminal on a map.

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

ClericID
Engineer
Engineer

Never had a Bulk Terminal on a map.

Post by ClericID »

Sorry for posting such a n00b query.

Just been getting into FIRS and Simpletons City Builder for the first time after rediscovering OpenTTD last year and reliving my childhood.

I have never had a map with a bulk terminal, nor have ever been able to fund a bulk terminal. I have watched youtube videos and seen streamers with bulk terminals with FIRS in years as low as 1977.
At first, I thought they would spawn at some stage later in the map but having been to 2050 multiple times it has never happened.

I have poured through google these forums and settings but can't seem to find an answer as to why I don't have Bulk terminals.

It is really hampering my ability to further my industry and cities not being able to provide the cargoes or enhance them.

Any help appreciated - or finger-pointing and laughing at the n00b for some simple option I've missed.
odisseus
Director
Director

Re: Never had a Bulk Terminal on a map.

Post by odisseus »

You're probably using one of the three "basic" economies of FIRS 4.0.0. The bulk terminal isn't included in any of them.

The set of available industries is different for every economy, and these sets have changed in each of the four major releases. For the information about older versions, check the FIRS release thread.
ClericID
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Never had a Bulk Terminal on a map.

Post by ClericID »

Sigh... yep... I'll never be a detective. Did not see the change log for the FIRs. Was looking at the flow chart from 3.0 below.
thank you for that.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”