problem after reinstall game on a new laptop

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

lostpawn
Engineer
Engineer

problem after reinstall game on a new laptop

Post by lostpawn »

I bought a new laptop (Win 10). I restored my openttd directories (subdirectories of my Documents folder). When I start the game, it apparently can't find these maps with my settings, basefiles, newgrf's etc.
The game seems to use the openttd directory with subdirectories which are submaps of the Onedrive folder. However I don't use Onedrive.
I need some help please.
lostpawn
Engineer
Engineer

Re: problem after reinstall game on a new laptop

Post by lostpawn »

I solved it myself. It turned out that there was another documents folder where openttd looked for the openttd.cfg file. I guess that one was created by Onedrive. First I made sure Onedrive was not running and in the settings I unchecked the box that starts Onedrive when starting Windows. Then I edited the registry. In the Registry Editor, I browsed to the following path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders and there I changed the registry key Personal in the right mydocuments folder.
Caveat: Be careful when you start messing with the windows registry. If you do not exactly know what you're doing, then don't do it!

Of course there is another way. To make a cmd file that starts openttd.exe with the parameter -c <rightpath\openttd.ctg> but that is a workaround.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”