No Button to Build Statue

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

TheKid
Engineer
Engineer

No Button to Build Statue

Post by TheKid »

Not much else to say. The cities don't give me the option to do much at all. Does anybody know why. :?:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-11-07 at 5.17.45 PM.png
(1.23 MiB) Not downloaded yet
kamnet

Re: No Button to Build Statue

Post by kamnet »

You need to build a station, and have a positive reputation with the town authority.
TheKid
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TheKid »

There is a station and as you can see it has a very good relationship, so is there some kind of setting that I can flip or maybe it has something to do with Mac OS. I dunno.
TheKid
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TheKid »

Never mind it worked. Im dumb
LaChupacabra
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by LaChupacabra »

kamnet wrote: 07 Nov 2020 22:23 You need to build a station, and have a positive reputation with the town authority.
No. The construction of the station and the evaluation of the company do not matter here ...
Only the cash register counts. :twisted:
You need to have enough money on your account to even afford the construction of the statue.
It usually costs $ 281k - if you have that or more you can build it.
I am sorry for may English. I know is bed.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Hm, coulda sworn I read it needed a station, and there's not a station present in the screenshot provided.

I'll be damned if I can find that on the wiki now though. Interestingly, I would have thought that there would have been an article about the statue, but none appears to exist. That might be a good article for somebody to write.
LaChupacabra
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by LaChupacabra »

kamnet wrote: 08 Nov 2020 11:46 Hm, coulda sworn I read it needed a station, and there's not a station present in the screenshot provided.
I'll be damned if I can find that on the wiki now though.
You don't need to search the entire wiki. You just need to start the game, open a window for local authorities of a city and then take a loan. ;)
kamnet wrote: 08 Nov 2020 11:46 Interestingly, I would have thought that there would have been an article about the statue, but none appears to exist. That might be a good article for somebody to write.
Perhaps useful. However, I think it would be good if all these possible actions were always visible, and if they are not available, a message appears explaining why the player cannot do something.
For example:
"You don't have enough money to build the statue. You need $ 281,250"

I sometimes have a problem with these statues (and other actions) on some servers, because often I don't even know how much I need to build them. Depending on the settings, add-ons, these are very different amounts.
I am sorry for may English. I know is bed.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”