Autosave failed

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Rotulus
Engineer
Engineer

Autosave failed

Post by Rotulus »

hello I play openttd 1.10.0-beta2 on Windows 10 and since I play every time the game wants autosave marks me failed and also I can not manually make its marks that game save failed file not writeable
kamnet

Re: Autosave failed

Post by kamnet »

It sounds like the directory where OpenTTD wants to write the files to doesn't have permission to write. Check your directory's permissions.
Rotulus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rotulus »

can you explain to me how to do :bow:
Rotulus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rotulus »

kamnet wrote: 03 Feb 2020 05:21 It sounds like the directory where OpenTTD wants to write the files to doesn't have permission to write. Check your directory's permissions.
can you explain to me how to do
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Rotulus wrote: 03 Feb 2020 11:49
kamnet wrote: 03 Feb 2020 05:21 It sounds like the directory where OpenTTD wants to write the files to doesn't have permission to write. Check your directory's permissions.
can you explain to me how to do
This guide may be helpful:
https://protechguides.com/how-to-check- ... n-windows/

Before doing that, you may also want to consider checking the hard drive for errors. It might be that the part of the disk where your OpenTTD installation is saved is corrupt. Running a disk check could fix the error, and make everything OK again. Or, if it cannot fix it, it might mark the sector as bad, which would mean you'd have to re-install the files but they'd get copied to a new place known to be free of errors.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”