Can't add an order

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

ezimir
Engineer
Engineer

Can't add an order

Post by ezimir » 15 Nov 2019 18:05

Hey.

I've got a network of 55 trains hauling coal to a single dropoff station (i.e. there are 55 trains with this station in orders).

I'm trying to add another, but I can't. Here's the error I get after clicking on the station with "Go To" selected:
Screenshot-20191115185128-904x623.png
(676.31 KiB) Not downloaded yet
"Can't insert new order..."

If I click the station about 10 more times, message changes to:
Screenshot-20191115185212-850x618.png
(642.23 KiB) Not downloaded yet
"Can't insert new order... vehicle can't go to that station."

I've tried adding a new train in the depo right ahead of the station, same result.
When I create a new station (even a single tile away from target station), I can create add it to new orders.
The only way I've managed to add this station to new orders, is to click with "Go To" on a train that's currently in the target station, delete the original "loading" station and replace it with a new one.

I'm not aware of any trains-per-station limits, what am I doing wrong? How would I go about finding what's wrong here?

I'm playing version 1.9.3 on PopOS (Ubuntu 19.10). I've got a few NewGRFs loaded, but nothing was wrong so far.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr

jfs
Director
Director

Re: Can't add an order

Post by jfs » 15 Nov 2019 19:12

This is a bug in 1.9.3, if the station sign is not above a tile belonging to that station you can't make an order to it.
The solution is to either get the station sign to move, so there is a station tile below it, or to place a station tile below the sign.

ezimir
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Can't add an order

Post by ezimir » 16 Nov 2019 05:49

jfs wrote:
15 Nov 2019 19:12
This is a bug in 1.9.3, if the station sign is not above a tile belonging to that station you can't make an order to it.
The solution is to either get the station sign to move, so there is a station tile below it, or to place a station tile below the sign.
Thank you. I've removed some station tiles to move the sign. Now that a station tile is under it, I can add the station to orders.

Also thanks for wording it clearly. I skimmed over this thread when searching for solution before posting, but I did not understand that it also applies to this particular case.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”