Issue with newgrf? [Trams]

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

mgal
Engineer
Engineer

Issue with newgrf? [Trams]

Post by mgal »

I'm back playing openttd again after an extended absence. This time I'm trying a lot of new things, but hit this little display issue this evening. Anyone able to help me narrow down what the issue here is? It doesn't seem to matter how long the tram bridge is, nor whether it's a road first, then I add tram lines, nor what it connects to (a road, a junction, etc).

I've got quite a few NewGRFs loaded, but none that scream tram track changes - the only tram related one I can find is Modern Tram Set r3.1 (which goes some way to demonstrating how long it's been since I last played).
missing grf.png
missing grf.png (252.27 KiB) Viewed 210 times
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Issue with newgrf? [Trams]

Post by jfs »

Looks like an encoding error in the GRF to me, someone defined a sprite area in a spritesheet file, but forgot to draw anything there, so the sprite that should be on the bridgehead is just a huge white block instead. There are likely other sprites "behind" it but they are all covered up.
mgal
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mgal »

Tks jfs, any way to tell which grf though? Or is it a case of starting a new game with no grfs and adding them one by one til the problem arises? Seems like a fairly hefty time suck?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Upload a save game and let us know which version of OpenTTD you're using.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

it could also be an error in the baseset, instead of a newgrf
mgal
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mgal »

Savegame attached. Using version 1.9.1. Thanks for any help!
Union Pacific, 21st Nov 2016.sav
(1.14 MiB) Downloaded 43 times
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

The problem is in PikkaBird's Standard Gauge Tram Tracks, circa 2007. Most likely some of OpenTTD's code has changed in the last 12 years which has caused this to become broken, or possibly because we can now have multiple tram track types. I'm going to guess that PikkaBird likely won't fix this due to it's age and the availability of other tram track sets.
mgal
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mgal »

kamnet wrote: 10 Jul 2019 20:48 The problem is in PikkaBird's Standard Gauge Tram Tracks, circa 2007. Most likely some of OpenTTD's code has changed in the last 12 years which has caused this to become broken, or possibly because we can now have multiple tram track types. I'm going to guess that PikkaBird likely won't fix this due to it's age and the availability of other tram track sets.
Confirmed, tks kamnet. I forgot that turning off newgrfs in the start menu has no effect on save games (for good reason). I had removed it from my newgrfs list, but obviously the save game still had it.

Good excuse to start again.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”