FIRS - Steeltown - neighbours are important

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

elricks
Engineer
Engineer

FIRS - Steeltown - neighbours are important

Post by elricks »

I think I need advice. VERY old user of Transport Tycoon - I bought the original.

Currently using above combo, stand alone, no competitors. I use the game as a digitised version of a 'train set', with the added thrill of running a business.

I need to deliver Petroleum Fuels to Towns to achieve growth. The only industry to require Petrol is the Lime Kiln. I can build a Lime Kiln in each town but is there a better way? A switch somewhere to remove the requirement for Petrol? Or better still replace it with something else that a town wants, say Vehicles.

I have put a bit f work into my current game, so I need this to be able to be applied mid game.

Thanks

SHIRLEY
Comm Cody
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: FIRS - Steeltown - neighbours are important

Post by Comm Cody »

you would need to use a city set that has houses that accept petrol

I think TTRS does, unsure about swedish houses or TAI
Something goes here, hell if I know.
kamnet

Re: FIRS - Steeltown - neighbours are important

Post by kamnet »

IIRC, the Neighbors Are Important script was developed long before FIRS introduced the Steeltown economy. Back when it was developed, I believe most of the FIRS economies still had a petrol station included as a town industry to receive petroleum fuels.

Total Town Replacement Set does include a petrol town industry, but I don't remember if it is compatible with FIRS' petrol. I know it's compatible with ECS Vectors.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”