Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Portable script crashes?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:37 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

In this game I have occasionally encountered script crashes for "Excessive CPU usage in evaluator" that appeared linked to a Mail AI.
I'll admit to not having sent in screen crashes to the maintenance topic (not sure there's maintenance happening on that AI anyway).

But I lately (on loading the save here attached) tried BUYING that Mail AI since it had a train route between two large cities that it was underserving with one mail train and I thought I could improve...and the crash happened after the merger as "one of your scripts" while the tab on the window that usually said Mail AI was behind it now said Otvi AI.

So is the crashing script linked to a particular AI or to the assets purchased with the MailAI or what?

(You can try running this save with or without buying Mail AI and waiting for it to happen...)

Attachments:
Trudhattan&FrinfordR.R.Co.,1stJul2013.sav [4.17 MiB]
Downloaded 19 times

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:54 pm 
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Your savegame requires publicly unavailable NewGRFs - so it's impossible to follow your argument.

Posting the error information *you* get would be helpful for the AI (and OpenTTD, if that crashes: crash.sav, crash.png, crash.log, crash.dmp).

DevZone - home of the free NewGRFs: OpenSFX | OpenMSX | OpenGFX | Swedish Rails | OpenGFX+ Trains|RV|Industries|Airports|Landscape | NML

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:36 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Every NewGRF I have I got off the public "Online Content" except for the Jinty which isn't being used in that game.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:25 am 
Engineer
Engineer

Shortly after unpausing the savegame, OtviAI crashes with a very long error message:

Attachment:
Trudhattan & Frinford R.R. Co., 14th Jul 2013p.png [386.67 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

@planetmaker: The Jinty GRF can be found here, incase you want to want to take a look at the save aswell: https://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=39417

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:38 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

So it crashed OTVI without having bought Mail AI?
My "excessive CPU usage in valuator function" crashes have all (that I recall) been from Mail AI until I tried buying it for that route (after this save) and then it was OTVI.