Issues with OpenGFX on Windows 98

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

pips
Engineer
Engineer

Issues with OpenGFX on Windows 98

Post by pips »

Hello friends, I have been having problems getting OpenTTD to work on my Panasonic CF-27 laptop that runs Windows 98. I have the Windows 9X version of 1.8.0 and have OpenGFX in the correct location. It starts up and plays with no issues if I copy the whole directory onto a Windows 8.1 pc but upon starting it up in Windows 98 I get the no OpenGFX installed screen which asks me to download it from the server which I cannot do because I don't have working internet on the machine. I have no issues playing other games such as Diablo II on it, and I have the latest version of DirectX that works on Windows 98. Help would be appreciated.
Attachments
20181121_171432_RichtoneHDR-1.jpg
(485.05 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Issues with OpenGFX on Windows 98

Post by Eddi »

it's probably searching for OpenGFX in the wrong directory
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Make sure that OpenGFX is placed in the local folder \OpenTTD\baseset\ and that OpenGFX is either in a folder or .tar archive.
pips
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pips »

Okay I deleted the openGFX folder I had in the baseset folder and used the .tar instead and it worked. Now the only issue I have is the music not working. OpenSFX sounds work, and it says in the settings that OpenMSX is selected from the dropdown but I'm not hearing anything.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Does anything happen when you start a new game, open the jukebox and adjust the volume sliders? And does anything happen if you press the "Play" button on the jukebox?
pips
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pips »

kamnet wrote:Does anything happen when you start a new game, open the jukebox and adjust the volume sliders? And does anything happen if you press the "Play" button on the jukebox?
I was so busy looking through the settings that I didn't think to go into a game and try out the jukebox. Thanks everything is fine now.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”