Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:21 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:07 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Hello friends, I have been having problems getting OpenTTD to work on my Panasonic CF-27 laptop that runs Windows 98. I have the Windows 9X version of 1.8.0 and have OpenGFX in the correct location. It starts up and plays with no issues if I copy the whole directory onto a Windows 8.1 pc but upon starting it up in Windows 98 I get the no OpenGFX installed screen which asks me to download it from the server which I cannot do because I don't have working internet on the machine. I have no issues playing other games such as Diablo II on it, and I have the latest version of DirectX that works on Windows 98. Help would be appreciated.

Attachments:
20181121_171432_RichtoneHDR-1.jpg [485.05 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:50 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

it's probably searching for OpenGFX in the wrong directory

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:48 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Make sure that OpenGFX is placed in the local folder \OpenTTD\baseset\ and that OpenGFX is either in a folder or .tar archive.

Base Music Sets: OpenMSX | Scott Joplin Anthology | Traditional Winter Holiday Music | Modern Motion Music
Other Projects: 2CC Trams | Modern Waypoints | Sprite Sandbox & NewGRF Releases | Ideabox | Town Names | Isle of Sodor Scenario | Random Sprite Repository
Misc Topics: My Screenshots | Forgotten NewGRFs | Unfinished Graphics Sets | Stats Shack | RoadTypes?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:59 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Okay I deleted the openGFX folder I had in the baseset folder and used the .tar instead and it worked. Now the only issue I have is the music not working. OpenSFX sounds work, and it says in the settings that OpenMSX is selected from the dropdown but I'm not hearing anything.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:10 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Does anything happen when you start a new game, open the jukebox and adjust the volume sliders? And does anything happen if you press the "Play" button on the jukebox?

Base Music Sets: OpenMSX | Scott Joplin Anthology | Traditional Winter Holiday Music | Modern Motion Music
Other Projects: 2CC Trams | Modern Waypoints | Sprite Sandbox & NewGRF Releases | Ideabox | Town Names | Isle of Sodor Scenario | Random Sprite Repository
Misc Topics: My Screenshots | Forgotten NewGRFs | Unfinished Graphics Sets | Stats Shack | RoadTypes?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:13 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

kamnet wrote:
Does anything happen when you start a new game, open the jukebox and adjust the volume sliders? And does anything happen if you press the "Play" button on the jukebox?

I was so busy looking through the settings that I didn't think to go into a game and try out the jukebox. Thanks everything is fine now.